Halloween Forum banner

A word about keeping inventory

1785 Views 12 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Frankie's Girl
I have to mention something that I have learned from doing this for almost 10 years now.
When I first started, I didnt have that many props.
Now I take up an entire storage room and another shed.
Keep inventory!!!!
I am starting on new props and I have discovered that I am missing stuff.
I use rubber made tubs to store stuff.
This year I am going to get stick on labels and write down everything that is in the tub. It is going to take more time storing stuff away but right now I am suffering because I have no idea where things are. I have about 30 tubs and it is a pain to look through all of them for one mask.
Just venting!!!!!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
209 Posts
Simple way is to number your totes. Take a pic of the number then take pics of everything in the tote. Download the pics and you can print out sheets with all the pics or if you have a laptop just have the pics there and you can just browse your pics to find the tote it's in. We actually glued clear sheet protectors onto our totes and put the print out sheets in the protectors so we can remember what goes in the tote when putting away. Now that we have a laptop, I'll just look up the pic by name on the laptop and find the folder it's in (folders are named by tote number).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.