Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I figure I would a try to videoing the cemetery at 1 am after the last person had just left. I have seen a lot of excellent productions out there from my fellow haunters so I gave it a try. The Axworthy flew and my new zombie effect was a hit. There are some dark areas and after looking at the video. I could have zoomed in to other props. I hope you like and look forward to 2015. Let me know what I can do to make next years haunt better. Thanks.

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,089 Posts
The axworthy really kept going...thats awesome! I like that creepy skelly thing at 5:34. The zombie video was pretty cool too. The only question I had was (but sometimes you have to be there to get full effect - it was prob goood) those green then blue then green floods right at the entrance? Were they lighting the things on the other side of the driveway? I would have prob turned them off and had a lanterns, or something else lighting the way in and put lights right beneath or above the props. But I live here in FL too, I dont have big huge beautiful trees to conceal the lights.

Thats the only comment I had. Everything else looked great!!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks matrixmom, the lights helped light the props and light the walk up so someone would not trip, I thought about that too and might go LED next year. I felt they were a little too bright.

·
Scaring kids everywhere!
3,702 Posts
Your cemetary really rocks! I just love seeing people's work at night, it really brings the whole effect to life! You axeworthy is fantastic. I have always wanted to do one. I might have to get advice if I decide to do one. I also really like your cemetary arch.Your zombie was great too. :D

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
Wow, Deadview--your yard looks totally breathtaking! I wish my lighting looked half as good as yours does. I usually don't have the patience to watch long videos, but I watched all of yours.
I love the way the whole yard is filled with large tombstones and an assortment of other large props. The axworthy looks great and I like the leering skeleton. Pretty cool!
The only thing I would say is maybe a little more light on the animated half coffin that opens and closes with the skeleton. And maybe some more light on the cauldron creep.
I really like your entrance and the backlit cemetery name. You did a phenomenal job on your haunt. Congrats!

Oh, and I loved the music with the video.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the feedback Dave. It seems I see a better way to light or arrange props differently even though I thought it looked good the first time, thanks again.

·
Halloween Nut
2,941 Posts
Deadview, that is a lot of treat for the eyes. The axworthy was great, I loved the FCG. Maybe give it a more prominent position in the yard. Love the spiders in the windows over the bushes with the light up eyes. Just so much to take in. I use floods too, but this year I bought a coupe of LED spots from Lowes that have red and green lenses you can put over the white. I would love to have a blue filter instead. Anyway, my point is, what you have is great, I added led flicker candles at the bottom of the tombstones and I like the effect that adds. Maybe think about adding some motion to one or some of those coffins up by the house. I feel silly suggesting things when your display really puts mine to shame. Great job!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not at all on the suggestions, that is what I want, we had flicker candles by each stone but they were cheap Big Lots with not much light, I must get stronger lights so the effect can be seen. The coffins are a great idea I plan on the upgrade to have them open and close, just need the right motor with a good slow steady speed. Thanks again for looking and as for your place, nothing wrong with what I saw, what kind of wood did you use for the coffin, looked lightweight, and would be easy to move, a great job.

·
Halloween Nut
2,941 Posts
Deadview, I used fence pickets from Lowes. It still takes two to move it. I used a wiper motor from monster guts on the lowest setting to open and close mine. If you are interested, I bought the LED candles from Costco. Mine has them right now for @$24 for a package of 6. I bought two packs last year, and thought I got them on sale for about $19 per pack. The package has three heights, and two of each. There is also a remote control or the candles have an automatic 8 hour timer. They shut off after 8 hours then turn on the next night at the original time. I really like that feature and wish I could find tea light that do the same.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Glad you enjoyed the video, I made the zombie using a shiatsu foot massager bought from Goodwill for 5 dollars.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts