Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a political post, I promise!

Now that it's election day in the US, there's going to be a lot of leftover campaign signs cluttering the landscape and landfills. But the wire sign frames make *great* tombstone stakes, either for home built stones or as replacements. And the plastic signs are useful for patching backdrop props or making cutouts - you can paint them, they're weatherproof, you can cut them with a box cutter, etc. I used some to make tops for my column for my cemetery and I'm grabbing some more to make "boards" to go over my windows for next year.

The price is right and it keeps them out of the trash. Happy Halloween 2019 and happy election day!

·
Registered
517 Posts
I thought of that, but none of the signs around here are coroplast, they are all just cardboard. We get no rain so nobody goes to the added expense.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,397 Posts
OMG, around here you could fill your garage with those signs! I imagnie they'd be useful for a lot of things, not just Halloween.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,686 Posts
In my county (possibly state) any sales/commercial signage that is placed in the medians or along roadways without owner permission are considered "renegade" signage and anyone can remove them as they are against the law. The local sheriff's office sometimes posts on neighborhood groups about spending an hour or two collecting these signs and fining the businesses (it's like $100/per sign fine) and to remind us citizens that we're in the clear and encouraged to remove them due to the trashy appearance. :)

Any political signage can be removed after elections, but they're not considered renegade signs as far as I can tell. I have my eye on the LARGE 4 x 6 foot ones that end up on rural corners - those puppies are primo build stuff when they're the plastic coroplast material! :D

In any case, that means that any time I see commercial signs in a public median and I'm not on my way somewhere timely, they get pulled out and I either recycle or reuse for Halloween/crafting stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts