Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surprised. There were A LOT of people in the Halloween section, most displays and decorations were gone. There was candy left but even that was getting smaller in supply. I did grab 2 bags of backup candy *Butterfingers and Nestle Crunch* that were $2.66 a piece or 3/$8. I bought 2 new decorations that I hadn't seen there before (animated ghost cat pumpkin and a pumpkin figure) and some more plates with ghosts on them.

Got some Halloween cupcakes. They really were busy there, I am happy to see that there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for Halloween this year.

Now why people aren't decorating around here is something else I'd like to figure out!

What is everyone seeing in the stores this weekend? Is the Halloween section busy?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I was surprised. There were A LOT of people in the Halloween section, most displays and decorations were gone. There was candy left but even that was getting smaller in supply. I did grab 2 bags of backup candy *Butterfingers and Nestle Crunch* that were $2.66 a piece or 3/$8. I bought 2 new decorations that I hadn't seen there before (animated ghost cat pumpkin and a pumpkin figure) and some more plates with ghosts on them.

Got some Halloween cupcakes. They really were busy there, I am happy to see that there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for Halloween this year.

Now why people aren't decorating around here is something else I'd like to figure out!

What is everyone seeing in the stores this weekend? Is the Halloween section busy?
My Home Depot and Lowe’s has not been busy at all but Spirit Halloween and party City must of had 200 people at each store.
Probably just for costumes though

·
Registered
79 Posts
Last minute prep and panic... in other words "Business as usual" for most folks... I've heard it said: "If it weren't for deadlines, nothing would get done." I think this is predictable. Now that you said it Sookie, I wish I bought another bag of "Back up Candy" uh oh! that means that I have to go to over-crowded and under-stocked stores with all those people that did not prep in advance (wait that's also me)... Horror! PANIC! Ahhhhh!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Our Target, Michaels, Home Depot , Lowes have next to nothing left. Spirit and Halloween city were so busy last night I had to circle the parking lots to find a spot. Seriously, the lot was full. Our Spirit really doesn't have much left either as far as props go.

Question is....with all of this being sold, all the decorations and props....where are they being put?? I have seen 2 houses in my area decorated , one has a lot, mostly posed skeletons but its really cute , the other is fairly minimal. So where are all these decorations ??

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what i am wondering too. I went out again today and figured this is the last time people have to decorate. Aside from a home that now has a pumpkin cat on the door, nothing. I kind of feel bad for thr kids. There really doesnt seems to be many places to go this year. Last year the whole place was done up. I cant believe the change.

·
Registered
634 Posts
It's a big country. There are probably 6 or 7,000 single-family homes in my mid-sized eastern Massachusetts town. There are 350 some-odd towns in Massachusetts, a small state with an average population. If I were to drive down every street in my town (which would take a bit) I bet I would see one or two of each. I do think Massachusetts and Rhode Island are two very Halloweeny states.

I was golfing last October on a private golf course in Florida, and one of the on-course homes had one of the T-Rex's in their backyard, strung with Christmas lights. I also have one of HD's T-Rex's (with dragon wings attached) in a tree in front of my yard. They're out there, just dispersed.

Plus I also have one of the spiders in my front yard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts