Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long hiatus, I finally got to participate in our neighborhood's TOT!
This year I went with more of a Harvest theme with our decorations. Some corn stalks, a small pumpkin patch, and retro-inspired decorations. Amazingly nothing was stolen or vandalized, which was the cause for the hiatus. I also dressed up as what I call, "Dapper Jack". A jack-o-lantern face paint with a top hat and coat. The kiddies (and parents) really got a kick out of it. We got a lot more TOT's than I expected and had to have someone do a candy run for me. It was a ton of fun, and totally worth the decorating and candy cost.

And now for the dissection/complaining:
As you might have noticed, TOT wasn't on Halloween, but the Sunday before. I guess this is good for me as I could actually be there for it, but it just felt off. It was also from 2-5 so the sun was still shining. Totally kills the vibe and ruined my plans to add projections to our window. I don't know about you, but there were hardly any real costumes out there. Lots of "Purge" masks and football jerseys. Come on kiddos, get creative!

Anywho, It was a fun time and makes me excited for next year.
Good luck to everyone TOT today and tomorrow. I envy you!

tk78et3e90v11.jpg
ignfetppzcs11.jpg
3fjkiezqwkp11.jpg

I'll post a pic of the whole setup eventually :)

·
Registered
13,832 Posts
Like the make up and the vintage decor items. I think kids always appreciate when you open the door in costume! Look forward to seeing your other photos.

·
Registered
286 Posts
If any local government ever tries to make me celebrate Halloween on any other night than Halloween or during the day, I will egg city hall. I will also continue doing just what I do when I do it.

Meddlesome bureaucrats and do-gooder neighbors... Screw'em.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts