Halloween Forum banner

A thank you to you for my Harry Potter Howarts build

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Goddessy 
#1 ·
I have to thank you all! - I have scoured this site for months (years?) absorbing ideas, inspiration, how to's-and how to nots!

I thought I would share some of the props & decor that was built for a Harry Potter Howarts dance at an event that I volunteer at.
Thank you all so much for your openess, sharing and your humor.

Pensieve & Memory bottles

Pensieve

Dementor!

Portrait Hall & Mirror of Erised

The Owlery

Potions!

Moaning Myrtle (and Mauraders Map dress!)

Baby Mandrake

Defense Against the Dark Arts

The Great Hall

See less See more
#4 ·
Wow you had a huge space to work with. I love the Portrait Hall and Mirror of Erised. Were those floating books you added? Curious what backdrop you used for the books shelves. I bought some wallpaper when it was on sale that had books on it but like what you had much better. Great Dementor...and that Myrtle, she does show up in bathrooms alot LOL. Very nice job.

#5 ·
Thank you! It was a huge space - which had its ups and downs! I typically have done the events in hotel ballrooms, so this was an interesting twist.

The portrait hall was a cheat, lol- but far more economical and faster than my original plan to print off huge portraits and put them in thrifted frames...
Portrait wall on Amazon
Hard to see, but I added floating staircases that I cut from these doorways. Doorways & windows on Amazon

Myrtle was ornery & popped up in the 4 different bathrooms;)

The book wall hanging was great - Amazon vintage bookshelves wall hanging
The dementor was all dollar tree parts that I painted ahead and put together in about 30 mins...I was pretty happy with it! I was going to starch it into shape, but realized then I would have to store it, lol!

The mirror of erised and a ton of images I printed, I scanned at hi-res from the Harry Potter Artifact Vault book that I got from the library.

Due to some fabulous travel that I didn't get to pick the timing of, lol~I had about 3 weeks to shop for the supplies, make a few things and work out in my notes how to do the rest on the weekend of...

#9 · (Edited)
Wait!!! I figured it out from using just part of the text near the end of the url code that was in the error window I got. Sort of like when we were able to decode the sneak peek items for GrandinRoad in the past LOL. Adding the links now for everyone. Great finds, especially the Castle Wall portrait and Bookshelf Tapestry Wall! and both priced pretty reasonably. In fact the Castle portrait one says I can get for free using our AMEX reward points (prime members as well). Actually all three items show that so if you have AMEX rewards might want to check it out. My husband might have other ideas for the points though LOL. Thanks for sharing.

Castle Wall Portrait: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QXPN4SX

Stairway, Window & Torch: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000R4MVCO

Vintage Library Bookshelf Tapestry Wall: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DNV4J59

#10 ·
Thank you Ghost of Spookie! I was just going to try to sort that out!

I thought the Tapestries were a great deal and looked really good.

For reference, I thought I would go ahead and share links to some of the other items I used that worked out well. I swear researching to find the cheapest /best quality /looked fairly accurate items took as long as making some of the stuff!

These Hogwarts House banners were huge-30" x 50", very nice and arrived quickly - it was $18.18 for all four house banners!!

These tea lights were by far the least expensive (about 21¢ a piece) and worked all weekend - and likely have many more hours left. Having that many allowed me to use them in a lot of ways.

This stone wall scene setter was 100 feet! It was by far the least expensive and came quickly.

The fat lady door poster was a fun touch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.