Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
451 Posts
It could be a tense situation come october, I think when I learned this I would probably have told them about your haunted house and given them a way out of renting the house before they moved in. I don't see this boy ever getting over halloween and further trauma is not what he needs. It's not like you will give up your haunted house for this boy I imagine. Let them live somewhere else.

· Registered
451 Posts
The main point is you have to warn them, regardless, let them decide. Pull the parents aside and explain. I know finding a good tenant these days is hell itself, but, sometimes what looks good on paper turns out not so good.

-

· Registered
451 Posts
You are right it is hell finding a good tenant. Out of every 10 applicants you get a couple that you might consider out of every 25-30 you get one you know you would. I choose very carefully and I have never had to evict anyone. No one has ever damaged any of my properties and some still call me just to see how I am. (knock on wood). If the Halloween party were not mine but one of the neighbors I don't think I would have even thought to warn them since I feel as though Halloween images are everywhere. But since it was mine is why I was a little sad. Eccentually what I will be to these people is their neighbor so to be honest I felt like bringing up something that happens only once a year might be mean. I figured I just wouldn't mention anything Halloween. Of course I will mention it to her before the day but I am sure she's already on alert before then with things being in the stores and such that he can see. There is no way he will see my things unless he comes here. I hope no one thought that I meant I was going to get him over it by shoving Halloween down his throat. I would never hurt a kid plus I'm too busy doing that to my family.
I'm just looking at it from having a foster son once myself, we had to have him removed from his mother, also my sister in law, a heroin addict, so it was very traumatic, and when you have something like that happen, you tend to be very cautious, you have child welfare agents, and pyscologists and to deal with on top of everything else. My main thoughts are for the boy, and his foster parents, I know there is no escaping halloween, but I can tell you if It was me, I would want to know, and would have wanted to know from the beginning. Moving is expensive, and if it comes to the boy not being able to deal with the noises from your haunt, well just imagine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.