Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy the three 30+ inch resin tombstones that spirit halloween sells. However, on their site, they want to charge $100 shipping. There is a shipping coupon code for $5 shipping but I wanted to use a 20% off everything coupon code and you can't use more than one coupon code per order. I went to my local spirit stores and they don't have them, don't know if they'll get them in so I can't get them there to save shipping costs. Are there any solutions to get these puppies 20% off without having to pay that huge shipping charge?

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Go directly to a Spirit store and ask the manager to order them to the store. I would have the local store manager call his/her regional manager and then keep going up until you hit someone who will make a deal and arrange for all the discounts. They can do this - but you will need to be persistent. The sale is worth it to them...

·
Registered
202 Posts
If your local Spirit is anything like mine, they don't do any special orders. They just don't give a darn. So I went to the website. I wanted a gravestone fogger cover that cost 39.99, and the shipping was 34.99. What the heck? Our local Spirit had one, missing some pieces. I'm pretty much going off Spirit. There are so many other Halloween retailers who might appreciate my business, why deal with an apathetic company?

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
I have asked my store manager in the past about older props I wish I had bought and he was able to find them for me. In fact last year or the year before I saw someone's haunt and fell in love with the voodoo lady in it. Was told it was sold by Spirit Halloween and it was discontinued. But my manager located it somewhere and even sold it to me at a discounted price. Sorry some of you haven't been as lucky, but my store is quite the opposite when it comes to customer service. I think they rock and this year in my area anyway for sure had the best inventory for a halloween shopper with large and small props, costumes and accessories.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I have not seen the large resin stones in any of my stores. I don't think they stock those in the stores typically. Maybe a special order. The very best time for special consideration and extra customer service is a weekday afternoon around 1pm, when the store is much quieter. I went in yesterday [Saturday] at 3pm and it was literally a mob scene free for all with kids and adults absuing the store like some kind of playground. It was like a daycare center run off the rails. Such a shame. There's a new late night video series to consider- Haunters Gone Wild. It will run in the 4am hour and be censored- the step pads being blurred out so we can't see the obscene carnage of people bashing them to bits. I just don't understand people, I really don't. But weekday afternoons- a good time for sanity and customer service. And don't put too much faith in restocking. Notice how cagey they get when they mention 'they should be getting another shipment in.' Not to sure about that one. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Um, not sure if I'm allowed to say this so I will put it vaguely. When talking about this particular store, it seems 7 times out of 10 the feedback is negative.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My husband wanted these tombstones as well. They couldn't find them in their inventory, told us stores 200 miles north had them only and basically told us we were "SOL"

We bought them full retail online with the $5 shipping. 20% off would have been fantastic as we bought all 3 they make.

Good luck!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for your help guys. I'll be calling or going into my local spirit stores one more time before I throw in the towel and order online using the 4.99 shipping code.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wow, I'm a Spirit store manager and I'm under the impression that we cannot order stuff to the store. As far as I know, we have no control over what gets shipped to our store, so we couldn't order anything special for a customer. Maybe some store managers have been there awhile and know some secrets. If I could special order stuff, I could have sold another six of the swinging zombie girl! Maybe it's not that the s.m. doesn't care, maybe it's because they can't help because they don't have the necessary knowledge or tools.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I have a really hard time understanding Spirit's business model....It seems they have a display model and 1 or 2 in stock and that's it!....I've noticed this over the last couple of years....How can they open year after year with such low inventory?....I finally stopped in our local store today and it was the same thing....They must have sold the display model of the electric chair guy because there was only an empty chair sitting there....I did a quick scan of the animatronic inventory and there wasn't much at all....They just opened on the 21st....They must really make the money on costumes because based on animatronic inventory, even if they sold every piece, it wouldn't pay the rent for the month....I'd say another week or 2 there won't be anything left but empty displays and broken animatronics....I understand they don't want to be overstocked but now they are at the other end of the spectrum of being understocked....Can't make money that way either.....ZR

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I'm surprised Spirit won't work with customers all the time since this is a seasonal business. Simple logic of economics. Your product costs so much to make and you charge a price but it should not be the set price. Why all of the sudden is it going to be half off the day after ? Profit and greed and you don't want to spend time packing the product up to sell next year as "last years model".

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
I have worked in retail for years and was always told that if we don't have a certain item in-stock,
we could call another local store and have them hold that item for the customer. But we never did
special orders then, but maybe things have changed by now...

·
Registered
474 Posts
So I placed an order with Spirit today , $90.00 + of merchandise. I used the code SHIP65 for $4.95 shipping. Every thing in the cart was small lightweight items and all looked good. When I hit the final submit button a window flashed saying "$4.95 shipping is not applicable with this order" and no chance of changing your mind or using a different code. The order had been submitted. The shipping jumped to a whopping $31.00 on my receipt. What the H ? Needless to say I am not impressed at all. :mad:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I had similar problem tried to use the 20% off and the $5 shipping – was messing around accidently hit the ship overnight – shipping came to about the amount of the order. I immediately called them (lucky this was 2 weeks ago at 1pm) got them to cancel the order (even though they say they don’t do that – they did)

Like all retailers Spirit must be hurting in the recession. We usually have a Spirit and 3 or 4 other large Halloween seasonal stores in Covina. This year there are just one larger and one smaller – and they are not national seasonal stores, they are pop ups for So Cal regional shops (Halloween Club and Francisco’s) No Spirit store this year. So not too supprised to hear that the ones that are open don't have much stock.

·
Resident Potterhead
1,971 Posts
So I placed an order with Spirit today , $90.00 + of merchandise. I used the code SHIP65 for $4.95 shipping. Every thing in the cart was small lightweight items and all looked good. When I hit the final submit button a window flashed saying "$4.95 shipping is not applicable with this order" and no chance of changing your mind or using a different code. The order had been submitted. The shipping jumped to a whopping $31.00 on my receipt. What the H ? Needless to say I am not impressed at all. :mad:
i would be calling and cancelling my order. thats bs!

ive never shopped with spirit, im going to go in there tuesday just to see what its like but probably wont actually buy anything. their stuff is way overpriced IMO, and im sure the quality isnt much better than what you can get at kmart or target (for the similar items, obviously spirit has their exclusives that you cant find anywhere else). their business ethics seem a bit off to me if thats how they run the show. i know spirit is a main sponsor of this forum, but i doubt ill ever be shopping with them.

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
I have to say that I have seen Spirit Halloween actually stepping up lately when you contact customer service. If you have a problem with your order, make sure to contact them at http://www.spirithalloween.com/customer-service/ so that they can address it.

Since they are a premium sponsor, If you have a major problem, shoot me a problem and I will connect you to someone who can help.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts