Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to get this quick picture, before she flew off. I have been reporting on my blog how there has been monster attacks happening on Halloween in Europe. Now I am afraid to say they may happen here in America. My blog OneDarkHalloweenNight.com has the evidence I have gathered and on Friday the 13th I will even have video proof! I have been to Europe! I have experienced it! Monsters are real!
http://onedarkhalloweennight.com/
pgg
Halloween witch sighting.jpg

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
Hey, it's my ex!

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
I cannot believe that you don’t take my picture evidence as the truth! It happened so fast I was only able to take one picture. The other images are close ups of the first one. Once you see my video evidence on Friday you will all be believers.
pgg
Not even April's Fools yet...

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
That one seems pretty harmless. It's the ones that have trouble with scissors that you have to watch out for. You know when one is about to sneak up on you, because they always cry "Aaaaauuuuuggghh!" first.

I actually find this one terrifying! Thank the gods Paolo escaped!!

View attachment 170068

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Witchy photoshop fail! The second picture in the set, the witch is not blurred to match the bell tower she is supposedly flying past. Then in the third photo, there are scan lines on the tower that you failed to add to the witch. Seriously, how did you miss those blatant flaws?

lol.... is it a fake? Yes....

Is your diagnosis completely off? Yes....

Are there scan lines? No....

Was the witch cut out of a different image that was at a completely different resolution than the tower image? Yes....

Because of that, do we see completely different jpeg compression artifacts due to the differing resolutions when the image is zoomed in on? Again, yes...

That being said, are all four images the same image, just scaled to different resolutions (creating the mismatched jpeg artifacts)? YES!!

The image would have been just as believable if the creator would have painted a nice smiley face on the witch. :D

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
lol.... is it a fake? Yes....

Is your diagnosis completely off? Yes....

Are there scan lines? No....

Was the witch cut out of a different image that was at a completely different resolution than the tower image? Yes....

Because of that, do we see completely different jpeg compression artifacts due to the differing resolutions when the image is zoomed in on? Again, yes...

That being said, are all four images the same image, just scaled to different resolutions (creating the mismatched jpeg artifacts)? YES!!

The image would have been just as believable if the creator would have painted a nice smiley face on the witch. :D
No, my diagnosis is not off.

First, rescaling or zooming the image creates a new image, thus there are in fact four different images, which happen to be enlarged and cropped versions of the same composite source image.

Second, scan lines can be produced by cheap digital video cameras when they are used in photographic mode. They are also an type of artifact that can occur when a pattern is resized. Guess what, the brick facade of the bell tower provides exactly the right sort of pattern for scan line artifacts to be introduced when the image was zoomed.

Third, the primary source images for the composite source were not necessarily different resolutions. The differences can also result from them simply coming from two different models of camera.

So yeah, come back and try lecturing me after you've moved beyond low level photoshop knowledge and learn about how digital (and film) cameras operate.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts