Halloween Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my favorites. I first picked this up on cassette in 1986 or thereabouts...this has the British narrator with the deep voice who says "If you walk through Witches' Wood...be careful where you tread..." and features a lot of screaming and animal sounds (bobcats and so on). A little intense and on the bloodcurdling side, but it's nice to listen to, very nice audio production. This is a LOUD album. I used to play this in the garage while building Halloween props and such. It sure set a perfect mood...

I'm sure this was released on vinyl but I never saw the vinyl version...I had the cassette for years and used to listen to it in my car and then one day I took the car to a car wash and the workers there stole it along with a bunch of other tapes (!). I did an Amazon search and was delighted to find it was available on CD for cheep, so now I have this on my little MP3 player and now I can listen to it whenever the mood strikes. Fantastic!

Here's a link to Amazon's page...

http://www.amazon.com/Night-Haunted-House-Graveyard/dp/B0009P7E8M/ref=cm_cr-mr-title

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,671 Posts
Yesterday I ordered one of these CDs. Got one from Amazon...used-very good condition for 8 cents plus $2.98 shipping.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really hope you enjoy it! I have a box of old Halloween sound effects recordings collected over the years, they are all a lot of fun, and this particular CD is great because it is technically very well produced and is scary as all get-out. If you can blast it over a good stereo system that can handle the bass, you will be impressed, I think. Cheers!

·
Registered
403 Posts
My God, I thought I was the only who actually has that cassette! The narrator, who called himself the man in black, was featured in another cassette as well, which featured a version of the legend of sleepy hollow among others. I line-transfered Night in a Haunted House/Night in a Graveyard to my computer, so I have a nice digital copy as well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah 4shared is being shady so I have to find a different hosting site. Will probably choose MEGA until they bite the dust sooner or later in the future. I noticed Mediafire has been blocking most of my files cause of their audio program that goes through rar files and locks your stuff from being downloaded. I am thankful I have a backup of all my stuff on an external hard drive. I did upload an uncompressed FLAC of this album last night while going through my files, so if anyone wants it in lossless go grab it while you can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts