Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally gotten around to getting this metal bender installed as it has been sitting in my garage for months. Due to liimited garage space, I wanted to build something that could be easily moved out of the way when not needed. I drilled and tapped a 1/2 steel plate that is mounted to the garage floor. I can install/remove the unit in about a minute and I figure If I get any other tools that need to be anchored, I can utilize the same plate. I have also ordered a scroll bending attachment for it, but it has not come in yet. Now all I have to do is figure out how to use it. :D

My first project on my list is a new metal/wood cemetery sign. ;) stay tuned.

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, that is so sweet! I cannot wait to see the sign you are going to make with this honey.

By the way, how do you mount screws like you did into the cement floor?
Thanks Terra, I can't wait to start building. :D

I drilled down about 3-4 inches and installed 6 of these. judging on how they went in, I don't think they will be coming out again. :rolleyes:

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
I agree....WANNABE POSER!...A REAL HALLOWEEN FANATIC WOULD HAVE HALF BUILT CRAP ALL OVER THE PLACE WITH NO WHERE TO WALK....PAINT SMUDGED ON STUFF AND AT LEAST 3 BIG BOXES OF DRYWALL SCREWS LAYING ALL OVER THE FLOOR!....ZR
I agree lol His workshop is WAY too clean and open.

MsM

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree....WANNABE POSER!...A REAL HALLOWEEN FANATIC WOULD HAVE HALF BUILT CRAP ALL OVER THE PLACE WITH NO WHERE TO WALK....PAINT SMUDGED ON STUFF AND AT LEAST 3 BIG BOXES OF DRYWALL SCREWS LAYING ALL OVER THE FLOOR!....ZR
Ha ha ha, you got me. I actually don't make any of my own props, I buy everything from the bog box stores.... :rolleyes:

I do like a clean workspace. I don't work well with mess. It is pretty clean right now because I haven't been doing anything in there. I just picked up metal and wood for my cemetery sign. I also just ordered a new motor from Monster Guts for the Grave Grabber I started last year. I am determined to have mine rock from side to side if it kills me. LOL

What usually ends up happening with me is that by the time I am done with something I have every tool I own on the bench and floor (literally) .:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts