Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so very frustrated. I started out with the day being wonderful. My husband took me to the storage shed to get my halloween items that we didn't leave here at the house, and then to a movie and dinner. I came home and began unpacking thinking all along this doesn't seem like nearly enough boxes. I get to the last one and I'm missing tons of things. Including my giant cauldron, all of my outside lightsstrands, spotlights in red green and blue, and my inside specialty lights (skeleton and pumpkin strands etc) all the crafts that I have made and most of my halloween serving dishes. I'm soooooo sad and upset it had to have been 3 or 4 hundred dollars worth of stuff that is just gone. I just feel the need to vent and thought I'd goto the place where most people would understand instead of just be like oh well it's just some Halloween stuff big deal.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
Was it stolen?

·
Registered
14,283 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Gothikren. I'm assuming you were using one of those off-site storage sites? What do you think happened to them? Could you have left some boxes behind buried under other boxes? I know that most of the items that I have purchased/made over the years are special to me otherwise I would have donated them years ago, so can only imagine how you are feeling.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I honestly don't know what's happened to it. It is just nowhere. It's not here at the house and it's not in the storage shed. Tomorrow I'm going to goto the storage shed go through every single box again and empty out the downstairs storage closet again though I'm not holding out much hope at this point because I know we've gone through everything already and I have no idea how we could have even possibly overlooked a huge plastic cauldron to boot.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My husband looked at me like I was nuts when I told him stuff was missing. He's like, how can u possibly know with all this stuff what you are missing?

I guess I'm a freak and just know most of what I have especially the things I've made that are gone. Some of my favorite pieces, and for sure I would have noticed when I went to get out my serving trays for the party foods to clean them up.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,519 Posts
Oh no! :(

I'd check even places where you wouldn't normally look: closets, under bed storage, go through every box you can find. I've been really bad about squirreling away stuff and completely forgetting it (seriously - the husband calls me "squirrel" :eek:)

I really hope you can find your stuff!

Is it possible that it was stolen?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow, thats terrible. I may not have as many props as alot of the members here do, but i know that'd just about kill me to find mine were gone. I know I've lost a few of my things(not hundreds of dollars worth though) only to have them turn up in the oddest places. I feel for you, and truly hope you find them.Good luck

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thnx everyone :) My husband has promised me we'd go back to the storage shed tomorrow and go through every single box again just to double check everything just in case. Fingers crossed we will find it there and the cauldron will just show up somehow also. Thnx for all the well wishes it's nice to know others are out there who would feel the same as I do.

·
Gramzie
998 Posts
I am soooooooo sorry.. I just dont know how I would handle losing my stuff.. every year I search for some box or thing and my husband is just shocked that I can remember even the little stuff year after year.. but there my babies!!! I hope that those boxes are just hidding from you, and you find them soon

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
Wow, sorry about your misfortune. I can say I hope the boxes turn up, but it sounds like you've looked everywhere.
I know with all the hundreds of Halloween items I own I would easily know if something was missing. Especially a home-made prop!
If you can't find those boxes post a list of what you lost. Maybe we can all pitch in and help locate similar items and replace some of it. There's still time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Gosh, so sorry to hear that. I know every time we move I seem to lose boxes of stuff, and every holiday some things go missing, and it stinks. Especially with as much as you mentioned!!!!

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
I also am very sorry to hear of your loss, but i think the spirit of halloween will pull through and your stuff will turn up. I sure hope it does for you, every piece of halloween stuff i own is special to me and has great memories. I hope all turns out well for you.

·
Reaper Queen
8,819 Posts
good idea, Dave
Gothikren, I hope when you go back to the shed, you find more of your things, I would be heart broken if my things disappeared, best of luck finding them, and if not, make the list like Dave said! and we will see what we can do, although , if you props are hand made, it won't be the same! But we can try!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thnx everyone :) My husband has promised me we'd go back to the storage shed tomorrow and go through every single box again just to double check everything just in case. Fingers crossed we will find it there and the cauldron will just show up somehow also. Thnx for all the well wishes it's nice to know others are out there who would feel the same as I do.
Gothikren, I know this might sound crazy, but you don't think you might have thrown your things in the trash by accident? I was doing some spring cleaning one time ago and threw out some of my things with all the other boxes of trash. I was sooo sick to my stomach. :(

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thnx for all the support everyone. It's so great to know there are so many wonderful people out there. I know I didn't throw anything out to the trash, but now that you mention it I'm getting a little sick to my stomache as my daughter and her boyfriend were the last ones to clean organize the downstairs storage. OMG I hope they didn't throw anything out ..... please let them not have thrown anything out :( Fingers crossed it will all show up tomorrow.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Ok lets stop and think for a sec.....maybe you have boxes somewhere else. For instance. I have 22 bins that are about 2 1/2 feet wide and 6 feet long. I keep all my halloween stuff that I can fit in there in the garage along with all the gemmy stuff and outdoor stuff. However some of my really favorite pieces I keep inside in the spare room. Some of the things that Im afraid being in the hot garage might not keep up so well. Do you think its possible you have those boxes somewhere else. Maybe with the (dare I say it) Christmas items. Keep looking they have to be there.
Last year I was blaming my husband for like a week, accusing him of throwing away costumes I had gathered over the year at thrift stores. Old long coats and such, only to find out they were in a place I had forgotten. Wanted to keep them safe so theyd be easy to find:rolleyes:Good luck and keep us posted. Sending all my good Halloween ju ju your way with a dash of my special good luck glitter:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Spookilicious Mama is right -- there may be an obvious explanation. Keep looking and don't give up. I'll try to send out some good vibes too.
I hope you find your stuff!

·
Grand Poobah
2,899 Posts
We are always out-thinking ourselves... "put it here, it will make so much sense that we will find it when we need it..."

How many of us have 200 pairs of fingernail clippers or things like that? That's us. We don't find it until after we've bought a new one...

The same thing applies with decorations. Either it gets put somewhere "obvious" at the time, or you get lazy and don't put it with the other stuff or don't label the box.

We moved last year and stored some stuff at my parent's house, in 3 different locations on the farm. When Christmas came, we couldn't find half the decorations, including the icicle lights we put on the eaves. So, I bought some new ones. The next trip down, I found the box of icicle lights...

Hopefully you just misplaced or overlooked your stuff!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I bet it's in a box that may have just been overlooked. I do that all the time, looking for something and come to find out it was right there in front of me. Good luck at the storage!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts