Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! :)

Well, thanks to A Witch from Canada, my bank account is now $100 lighter....!!! She told me HomeSense had started putting up Halloween decorations, so.....

I stopped by HomeSense after work and found a couple of things... The girl was putting up the display, and I was taking almost every item down as soon as she put them on the shelves!!! :p I explained to her that I was sick, that this was an addiction, and that there was no way out of this..... She said she suffered from the same disease! LLOOLL

Here's what I bought:

(PS the basket in the back is mine... nothing new, but I thought it would look good in the picture ;) )

If you are interested, here's the link to my photobucket album (with close-ups of the decos).
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
Some of what you got is different than what I've seen in my HomeGoods & TJMaxx stores. I love the globe car. Very cool. Haven't seen that. I have the bone pillar holders but I could swear mine are taller and a more shiney silver?? The spooky towers are favorites of mine also. Didn't buy one but I always look for them in the store to see if they been sold yet. I just wouldn't have a good place to put it. Well looks like a successful shopping spree. Glad to see you haunters up north are getting some mdse in finally.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ghost - The globe car is the first item I picked up! It also plays a song (I will try to put a video later on this week - can't put my finger on the song it plays, hope you guys will help me find it...) and it has little shiny flakes and black bats that float around when you shake it... The spooky tower was only $20 CDN, so it was too cheap for me to let it stand on the shelf! ;)

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,068 Posts
Love the car, and I may have to go get a few of the bone candle holders. I've passed them up twice now, but they're growing on me! :eek: Oh, my poor wallet!

Thanks for the pics! I love seeing what's out there!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
With people like you, the economic crisis will be over in no time! lol

Great finds. I love the snowglobe car as well!

Keep stimulating the economy haunters!

MsM

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
With people like you, the economic crisis will be over in no time! lol

Great finds. I love the snowglobe car as well!

Keep stimulating the economy haunters!

MsM

LOL. Yeah but it's sad to think that stores like HomeGoods, TJMaxx, Ross, etc are discount stores who get some of their merchandise because in this economy other stores have gone under or were forced out of necessity to liquidate some of their merchandise. All this great Dept 56 stuff is because the company probably had to cut out some product lines.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
You got some super cute stuff there. I love the candle holders and the trick or treat bowl. Looks like that store is similar to Homegoods here. Congrats on your spending spree that must have been fun:)

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Nice finds! Candle holders are pretty awesome! So is the globe. Ahhh, the anticipation for October... Thanks for posting pics! I love to see what other people have found :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Ghost - The globe car is the first item I picked up! It also plays a song (I will try to put a video later on this week - can't put my finger on the song it plays, hope you guys will help me find it...) and it has little shiny flakes and black bats that float around when you shake it... The spooky tower was only $20 CDN, so it was too cheap for me to let it stand on the shelf! ;)

I found the car globe at Marshalls and the song is "Ding Dong the Witch Is Dead" lol. The bone candle holders are different from the ones I've seen at Homegoods. The Haunted House Tower, I've seen in Homegoods. Great items!

·
Registered
497 Posts
LOL. Yeah but it's sad to think that stores like HomeGoods, TJMaxx, Ross, etc are discount stores who get some of their merchandise because in this economy other stores have gone under or were forced out of necessity to liquidate some of their merchandise. All this great Dept 56 stuff is because the company probably had to cut out some product lines.
Dept.56 is discontinuing their Halloween giftware /Decor:(. However they will continue with the Halloween Village. Enesco has bought Dept.56 and some of their Halloween Village products aren't coming out until next year some time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts