Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work at a paper mill that recycles cardboard and newspaper brought in from both public and private sources. We often get an assortment of non-paper junk mixed in. Everything from building debris to old produce. Pretty much anything you can think of we would be likely to find, such as the 20 or so bowling balls we once had, an entire engine block, medical waste, or the pallet of paper that had hundreds of dollars in quarters mixed in. Yes, I have found some great halloween stuff too. In the past I've found lots of unopened bags of webbing, styrofoam heads, and many pieces of foam for tombstones. I don't work in the area where we take in the trucks anymore, so I rarely get to find any good stuff. A coworker knows how much I love Halloween and watches out for anything he thinks I might like. Today he stopped me on my lift and told me there was a box of Halloween stuff he found for me out in one of the pump buildings. I thanked him and rode out to retrieve the box, that I expected to be the usual webbing and paper cutouts we normally get in right after the xmas season when stores throw out their fall and winter holiday boxes. Instead I found a big box full of great stuff from freaky fabrics to masks and costumes!

Here is the breakdown...

4 pimp hats (2 purple an 2 red) a little bent up, but in good shape
2 skeleton window covers
3 bobble head skellys (1 was crushed)
1 pumpkin ghost hanger
4 pkgs shroud cloth
4 pkgs freaky fabric
24 plastic eyes
2 bags of webbing
2 TOT bags (one ghost and one really cool zombie)
1 weird green head that lights up with flashing eyes
1 pk ghost stakes
1 childs knight costume
2 devil masks
2 vampire masks
4 giant spider leaf bags

Approx $70 after totaling up all the tagged items!

Looks to be all stuff from the Family Dollar store. Most still has tags on it. There was a big bag of Halloween candy in there too, but it got immediately thrown away. Don't know for sure what i'm going to do with some of this, but I'll either use it, or share the wealth with another local Halloween nut.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great stuff. Don't forget about the Pay It Forward surprise board here at Halloween Forum. It would cost you postage, but you could make some people very happy with some of that!
I had not seen that board. Might just have to do that with some of the stuff I don't need.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A facebook friend of my wife's says she want's whatever I don't. I think she is just starting to get into the halloween decorating thing, so it will be some great stuff for her to have. Giving her all the spider leaf bags, the skeleton window covers, the ghost stakes, and one of the bags of webbing. Everything else I'm keeping for my own use. I'm going to give out the eyes with the candy next year. Got a couple of bags of rubber mice in storage too mix in there too. The freaky fabric/shrouds are of course staples of decorating and prop making and will come in handy. Hanging on to the masks for costumes, or prop making, and the pimp hats are just too fly to not keep. My 5 year old was wearing one and I told him to go tell his older brother that he was the "Pimp Daddy". He ran down the hall yelling "I'm the poop daddy!" instead. lol

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
I like putting the eyeballs in jars with some moss. Same thing with the mice. Nice little oddities to have around the house. :)

Poop daddy is pretty funny. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
MummyOf5
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing