Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have blue LED lights shining up into the tree from the branches to give it a nice lighting effect at night!

·
Registered
967 Posts
I have blue LED lights shining up into the tree from the branches to give it a nice lighting effect at night!
Oooh I bet that looks great!

Pictures like this make me want a house so bad! Still stuck in an apartment with a tiny patio.... someday.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
It looks great! I LOVE the pumpkins in the tree!

·
Registered
33 Posts
It is looking great. Our yard is open like that with 2 large trees and I love having the space to decorate but having the trees to add the eerie lighting. Great job!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
TOP JOB , i like the blue effect in the tree as well nice touch , if you get time could you post some close up photos i would love to see the graveyard in more detail , and i love your little flat tomb and stone pillars , thanks for sharing .

·
Halloween Nut
2,942 Posts
BigAnt, I had the same idea with the lanterns, not pumpkins, in the trees. Are your hanging on rope? Mine take tea lights, and I haven't found any tea lights that have a timer. What kind of candles are in yours? The yard looks awesome.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Looks great! I can't wait for my two new trees to grow up so they can be Halloween trees like your is. Ever since I first saw someone hanging pumpkins from their tree here I have always wanted to do it myself. Unfortunately for 3 years we were stuck with the original trees, which were some poor silver pine trees that someone had topped at 4 feet and tried to make into bushes. If you are not familiar with silver pines they have VERY sharp needles and every time I tried to decorate them I got about 20 bleeding pokes >( This year I chopped them down, dug them up and got my favorite tree from my Halloween memories (well actually two of them :p) Fruitless Mulberry :)
Here's a pic of the tree with me sitting under it waiting to go ToT. Ah ... the 80's:

But I digress. Your yard is fabulous and I can't wait to see what else you d with it!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone!!!! I added some red LEDs to the tree as well and it looks awesome with the blue and red together. I will get more pics and a video of the setup soon!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BigAnt, I had the same idea with the lanterns, not pumpkins, in the trees. Are your hanging on rope? Mine take tea lights, and I haven't found any tea lights that have a timer. What kind of candles are in yours? The yard looks awesome.

Thanks!!!! Its funnyI really need to make a video of how I created the lanterns I get asked questions about them all the time and its funny because its one of those things I never really expected people to notice as much as they do! I made these using lanterns I bought from IKEA i then bought 25 feet of black plastic chain from amazon to hang each one. I also found a website(no longer exists sadly) that sold pre made cords with a plug on one end and a c9 socket on the other end. I cut the cables and stock the socket in each lantern. They came with a clip that actually allowed them to clip right into the lantern it was a happy accident really. I can the cable out the top of the lantern and spliced it back together. I ran the cable through the chain first before doing that. so each lander has a flickering c9 bulb in it and a plug at the top. I run an extension cord around the top of the tree to each one. This year I frosted the glass using that Frosted Glass spray paint from Kyrlon and its awesome it really makes them stand out even more now with a nice red flickering glow! I hope this helps!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts