Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I am really looking for some inspiration here! We had some bedroom furniture delivered today and I have huge amount of big pieces of cardboard and boxes of various sizes, normally this thrills me with excitement as I am going to make this and that with it, but I am just stuck! I am doing dead pirates this year and have already made:

Large Pirate Ship
Cannons
A smaller shipwreck
A Kraken
The Skull Cave Door Entrance
Crates and boxes for props
Palm Trees
Rocks
Parrot and Pirates
Treasure Chest

I just cannot bring myself to not do anything with the cardboard, but I just don't know what else I can make on this theme, I had thought of a couple of barrels, and I haven't made any mermaids yet but other than that....? You guys are so talented, I am sure there will be some Pirate props I have forgotten about or something totally unique. So please, any ideas either props or backgrounds etc, they will be most appreciated:D

I did suggest to my Hubby that I would keep it all until next year for my carnival theme, as got loads of ideas for that, but the look of shock on his face...I got a straightforward "no way, as I can't even get in the garage, your joking" :mad: So that was the end of that idea!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14,095 Posts
How about doing a facade you can set up against the garage door area for example? Maybe a pirate's tavern, dock area, or a rocky cave entrance to pirate's hidden treasure (or was that covered under your Skull Cave Door Entrance?), a treasure room.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like the idea of a dock area:). The problem is, usually it's raining and windy on Halloween in the UK, so I have to try and do things that I can put up inside the house. The ships etc were going to be in the living room with the Skull Cave Entrance over the living room door, the leading to a pirate tavern in the conservatory where I was doing the food, so I am just thinking where I could put the dock area if the weather let's us down again:(

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, forgot to add that on the list but I have made a treasure chest, but may make a big anchor, thanks for that:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts