Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through my old Spooky Town brochures from Michaels and thought you all might want to have a look and remember. Sadly, I am missing some, I think my Son got hold of them.:mad: You can see how the selection, and even presentation started dwindling through the years.

If anyone has the brochures from 2001,2005, 2007, 2009, or 2011, I would love to buy them from you.

Lets start with the 2002 collection:

·
Registered
88 Posts
There was no collection in 2001. I have all the ones your missing but I'm not sure where they are in the house. We just moved at the beginning of this month so alot of stuff is still boxed up.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought ST was introduced in 2000 but was no booklet until 2001. We bought our first piece in 2001 when we bought our home.

·
Registered
88 Posts
There might have been some pieces from 2000 at that time but no new items were introduced in 2001, and ive never seen a Michaels booklet from that time

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,101 Posts
What an interesting retrospective of how their style has evolved, thanks for posting these up. The new pieces are certainly fun, but for exceptional detail & design I definitely favor the older pieces.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There might have been some pieces from 2000 at that time but no new items were introduced in 2001, and ive never seen a Michaels booklet from that time

That means I can cross one off my list then.

I wish I kept the pictures I had of the Michaels displays back then. They took up half an aisle! Loved walking into the stores and seeing these.

First piece I ever bought was Castle on Spooky Hill and the Headless Rider figurine. Still 2 of my favorite pieces to date. :cool:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to share those! I feel like the best days of Spooky Town are behind us. 2000 - 2005 seem to be great years. My most favorite pieces seem to come from that time period. I do have some brochures from Michaels as well as a dealer catalogue from several years ago that eHobby sent with a particularly big order of mine. We just moved as well and our house is super disorganized and I don't know where anything is but as soon as I find my Halloween binder I will work on scanning what I have.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If anyone has the brochures from 2001,2005, 2007, 2009, or 2011, I would love to buy them from you.
I definately have 2011, and probably have the rest since they're still in the Lemax boxes (which I won't break out until the end of Sep).

This is a really cool thread, I'll ship it to you for free. PM me near the end of Aug if you still need them and let me know what you need.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bringing this back up to the front. I will have the 2012 catalog on it's way to me. As soon as I get it I'll scan it and post it up.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
The older pieces are so much better, at least in my opinion. I love the haunted fountain, which is totally new to me, having never seen it (learned of them in 2004, I believe, as I am almost positive that is the first booklet that I possess). Thank you for posting all of these, Shadowbat.

·
Registered
454 Posts
for later. looks cool though.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
18 Participants
VenomStorm
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing