Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an idea...

An inexpensive way to spread the Hallowe'en spirit to your neighbors. If you can afford it, I urge you to do it.

Here it is. Buy one package of fake cobwebs, even if it's from the dollar store, for each of the neighbors on your block and place it at their front door or in their mailbox with the words "Please Use Me" written in Sharpie on it. If only half of the people take you up on the offer, at least half of the people on your block will be decorated for Hallowe'en.

If you subscribe to this idea, and will do it, please post to this thread. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Very cool idea. I actually am going to ask a few neighbors if they want my inflatables and Blowmolds I'm not using but the cobweb idea is a great one. I'm on board.

·
Registered
329 Posts
BRILLIANT! I've considered giving out some of my older props like Darth Tippy suggests. The stuff that I've upgraded from or retired but is still in good shape. I'd love to get the rest of the block on board. Hey, there have been years that, if we could afford it, I wanted to decorate everyone's house on the block.

When we lived in AZ. there was a cul de sac that closed off for several weeks each year before Christmas and all the houses would decorate. Lights, animatronics, you name it. One house even rigged a Santa sled and reindeer flying across from their roof to another house. I always thought, how great would it be to have neighbors like that doing Halloween as well!!

·
Mummy Dearest
1,149 Posts
OH honey... on the forum while working hard at "WORK!"

I pledge to Boo people. Is that good enough?

P.S. Does anybody know a job available for my husband when he gets fired?

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
I think this is a terrific idea! Now I retroactively know why I picked up so many extra packages of spider-webbing at garage sales this year. I'll let you know when I implement your plan.

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Mummy Dearest
1,149 Posts

·
Mostly Harmless
1,328 Posts
ummmm.... I am doing a spider theme... would spider webs seems a little bit self serving/ pushy?

Should I give something else?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts