Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
As much as I enjoyed Goosebumps, I am not holding out hope for this anymore, with there being nothing in the way of news for a couple of years, then it now moving ahead with Jack Black seemingly as the star. The person who wrote that 'article' is a bit of an idiot (sorry, but Slappy is not a clown based on Pinocchio, as research would have very quickly shown).

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol. I saw on another site that's it's not expected out until 2016. . . My thoughts are more what were they smoking when they casted Jack Black in the lead, but should it come to be I'll give it a chance. . . I could be pleasantly surprised. Plus, I've stopped paying too much attention to the news after realizing journalism sold its soul ages ago, when it started focusing on corporate agendas more than the actual news. . . i especially can't stand how they stop reporting news periodically to have an utterly pointless conversation. . .

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Yes, "Corporate News". 35 years ago I quit listening to "Paul Harvey", everyday he began telling stories about some little guy who got caught stealing (because he was starving?) Yet his major sponsers were doing some very unseemly things which did cost some nice people their lives. Like Karen Silkwood.
Enough said.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Slappy was the ventriloquist dummy right? I haven't read it since 6th grade. . . but that sounds right. . .
Yes. He is misunderstood, lonely, and in need of a friend, just like Chucky;)

To add to the side conversation - Most people in the media are self-important hypocrites who think nothing of stabbing anyone in the back if it will further their careers (can also apply to politicians). I do not even watch the news, not just because of the agendas, but also due to how depressing almost everything is. If anybody is in too cheerful of a mood and wants it to be taken down a few notches, simply sit down for a few minutes of the broadcast and you will find yourself questioning what you were so chipper about in the first place:rolleyes:

·
Registered
356 Posts
I enjoyed the books and the TV show with my daughter, I will be interested to see what they come up with. For all of his negative publicity I think Jack Black is a good actor and could probably pull this off. If you've seen "School of Rock" you might have seen some of what I mean.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, my brain wakes up somewhere between the fourth and seventh vat of coffee of the day. . . And it was about two cups into the fifth vat, it suddenly occurred to me that there was another point beyond research in Garthgoyle's earlier statement about the writer of the posted article being an idiot. Why on earth would anyone base a CLOWN on PINOCCHIO? LOL

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
. . . And it was about two cups into the fifth vat, it suddenly occurred to me that there was another point beyond research in Garthgoyle's earlier statement about the writer of the posted article being an idiot. Why on earth would anyone base a CLOWN on PINOCCHIO? LOL
Haha. It could have been worse, I suppose... Maybe in the next write-up, Mulan will be a Native American princess who married Aladdin and fought Captain Hook with the help of a hunchback, enchanted objects, and a lion;)

I want to say that the books originally came out back when I was in middle school, in the mid-nineties. I do not think that there really is an age limit to them, printersdevil. Some of the stories are actually quite good, at least up until the endings:rolleyes:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lmao. . . yeeeeeeah, the endings were pretty weak. . . I gotta agree with you there!

And better watch throwing write-up ideas like that up. . . Could become the next StarKid musical. . . XD

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol. I'm thinking it will be a trip down memory lane and if I'm lucky a campy one that will leave me rolling in the aisles with laughter. I'm anticipating that kind of feel to it anyway. Perhaps not to the extent the old Adam West "Batman" movie does, but me thinks it shall be a grand laugh in the end.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, Robin, I think such a choice would have been a "scream". . . Scream? Scarecrow! That's it, Robin! **slams fist in palm victoriously** Lmao!

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts
Did you see the Jackal? I though JB performed pretty well in that movie.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts