Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever worked with funkins? I'm looking to carve some extra large funkins and place them atop my cemetery pillars. I'm curious if anyone has left them outside and how they hold up, especially after carving. If I'm planning on spending about $25 per pumpkin, I'd like to make sure they last more than one season.

Thanks!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I used one for the head of a cauldron creep, and it held up fine. It's just foam. I can imagine that they might need to be repainted every few years, but unless someone intentionally damages them, I don't see a problem with your idea. Here's the creep before I finished dressing him:
IMG_9317.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a few that I have used outside for a few years now. Seeing as I am in the Pacific North-West, they have been through extensive wet weather testing. But a cheap can of mat/ glossy sealer never hurt.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I don't use the funkins brand but the michaels craft pumpkins seem to hold up really well outdoors and they're considerably cheaper. I guess it would also depend on weather conditions. They should not be stored in a hot attic space or they will warp and conform to whatever they are on top of. Personal experience there. ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm looking for a large foam pumpkin but they are pretty much $70. Any one know anywhere to buy these foam carving pumpkins cheaper?

Scarab

1 - 10 of 10 Posts