Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been quite busy between school and other stuff making seven or so props for halloween. This year will be the first year where i havn't just filled our yard with props bought from shops. So after being inspired by this website and the great people on it, i thought i would give it a go at making props myself.

This is my decapitated hangman. I did start off with having the legs attached, i tried to make them kick using a wiper motor but i didn't think it was very noticable. Personally i think it looks ok as a static prop.
View attachment 10834

This is my skeleton light stand thingy prop . Im sure there's a better name for it but i just can't think of one right now.

I put a flicker bulb under the mask but plan to light the whole stand up using a led spotlight.
View attachment 10835
View attachment 10836

And finally some pvc candles
View attachment 10830
View attachment 10831

Thats all for now folks but i will try to add some pictures of different props later.

:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Gotta love the candles. I have a few of those myself and plan on making a few more. They look great scattered across the old graveyard. The only difference is I use candelabra base sockets so that I can run the candles off normal house voltage. I hate anything to be run by batteries.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yay i got the pictures up. Thanks jaege i love them too, i think ill try and make some so they run off house voltage. :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i used 1 1/2 " pipe which was a mistake because thats about the same size as the tea lights . I had to widen the inside of the pipe using a drill, now they fit snug inside

·
Registered
519 Posts
Looking Good, if only my kids were old enough to help me get that far along. As for the hangman put his legs back on & hang him upside down & rig something up like whats on
Dave Lowe Design web site. Sorry I not sure how to do the link thing. If you can't find it I'll try & explain.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts