Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
black light queen
2,541 Posts
looks amazing jdubbya!

haven't taken pics for quite some time ... just videos ... i've uploaded them to youtube & have them showing in my web page Thathalloweenhouse.xyz | Creepy | Spooky | Blacklight, in case someone wants to check them out. beware though, the camera goes in & out of focus (it isn't a commercial site, so i didn't bother editing out the out of focus parts of the videos)

amk

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jerry knows that I was always partial the corn stalk set-up. I think you should post your favorite pic from the military command center theme year.
I'm looking for those. Lost in the archives. Mark might have them so I'll post a couple when I get ahold of them. That was our first year haunting together and a really fun theme.

·
Super Moderator
5,703 Posts
Lets see, how far back do I have handy.
2005, year two at this house, that's my costume from year one on the dummy in there...and the tent is new, but otherwise same for year one.

2006. Note the lonely skull to my right...

2007...the goal was 100 of the skulls...the preliminary night before party begun with family and neighbors coming to take pictures of the lighting test the previous year so we made hot chocolate in anticipation this year.

2008...Fred was added atop that 12' pole. Skulls ballooned to ~350.

2009 is hard to quantify, I had activities going on the side, one of which broke my camera. This is the pic from the party as it was that year.

2010...day of reckoning. Here's a pit of one of the work in progress items that was destroyed that year, along with most of my existing stock.

With the budget spent, only 3 weeks to halloween, I bought 60 pumpkins and invited the neighbors to help carve them. It's become the staple.

·
Super Moderator
5,703 Posts
With the shift to the pumpkin carving becoming the focus, I shifted to how to flesh that out in 2011. The first Chimera was born.

2012...the kids talked me into a graveyard as a one off...

2013, I wanted to punctuate the harvest theme as I planned to move on in 2014.

2014, the Spartan. I lost my job in January. Unemployed until October 6th. No time to take of to prepare for Halloween, and we lost my father in law on October 14.

The party is entirely donated by the neighborhood. Pumpkins, food, all.

2015: I decided to take a different spin off the famous sentinels and come up with a 'pregnant' version...I saw some other takes on THAT idea running around the last couple years.

2016, construction stage 1. Doubling the size of your house takes time...Started in April, we gave the construction crew the week off to do Halloween.

2017, back yard actually dangerous state of construction, so front yard more display.

2018, yardwork most the year, no budget. Took that as a challenge.

2019. Trevor's return. Year one of an intended 3 year plan.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looks like quite the run for you UnOrthodOx. I'm sure the neighborhood has enjoyed all you've been able to do. I commend you for your hard work. (y)

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
With the shift to the pumpkin carving becoming the focus, I shifted to how to flesh that out in 2011. The first Chimera was born.

2012...the kids talked me into a graveyard as a one off...

2013, I wanted to punctuate the harvest theme as I planned to move on in 2014.

2014, the Spartan. I lost my job in January. Unemployed until October 6th. No time to take of to prepare for Halloween, and we lost my father in law on October 14.

The party is entirely donated by the neighborhood. Pumpkins, food, all.

2015: I decided to take a different spin off the famous sentinels and come up with a 'pregnant' version...I saw some other takes on THAT idea running around the last couple years.

2016, construction stage 1. Doubling the size of your house takes time...Started in April, we gave the construction crew the week off to do Halloween.

2017, back yard actually dangerous state of construction, so front yard more display.

2018, yardwork most the year, no budget. Took that as a challenge.

2019. Trevor's return. Year one of an intended 3 year plan.

Fun to see the evolution/change over the years. I wish I had pics of my early efforts. Really modest and blatantly amateur but those years stoked the fire for things to come. Ironically, we're now in the downsizing phase, just trying to keep the level of detail and creepiness we strive for. I think within the next few years we'll be back to just the front yard display, but that'll be okay too!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts