Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep in mind this is an adult party with booze. These games are not suitable for any party where there are kids around.

Mouth full of balls (couples) - Each couple stands face to face with a pingpong ball pressed between them at belly button level. Without using hands, they have to move the ball up to the mouth of the woman. I have some videos of this that are absolutely priceless (which I will not share so don't bother asking!)

Clothespins (Couples) - Men leave the room. All women attach 5 clothespins to their clothes, in identical spots to one another. So if one girl hides a clothespin on her shoulder, each of the girls puts one there. Men are blindfolded. Each woman stands in front of her man. When told to go, each blindfolded man uses one hand to find and remove all the clothespins on his partner. First one to remove them all wins. Afterwards, the men hide the clothespins and the women have to find them. We only hid 4 so the women groped us for a good 5 minutes looking for that 5th one!

Oven Mitts - Men are blindfolded and put on very thick oven mitts. Women stand in a row arms to their sides. One at a time. each man has to guess which woman is his partner by touch only. All the men take turns trying to identify their partner. Then the tables are turned and the women try on the men. We played a trick on the last guy to go; instead of the girls all the guys stood in a line with tennis balls under our shirts. He felt up 3 guys before he figured it out.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol no, just some good-natured fun for consenting adults who spend the rest of the year being good parents and need one night to act like crazy college kids again. :)

I skipped all the boring games that everyone else is playing at their parties like twister, beer pong, card games, etc.

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,271 Posts
i can get on board with this sentiment. i've spent most of my adult life trying to feel like a crazy college kid again, especially on halloween, lol.

·
Registered
672 Posts
We did the Tempt Your Fate game last year and the prizes were shooter bottles, mini picture frames, etc. About half of the group played but most were content just to hang out and talk to everyone else so I don't know if I'll do any games this year. I did a photo booth area for our party last year and ppl really seemed to enjoy that a lot more so I'll probably stick with that this year.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A photo booth is a great idea! I can see people definitely having a blast with that. Can you tell me about yours? What was in your background? Did you just use a refrigerator box or something similar?

·
Registered
672 Posts
A photo booth is a great idea! I can see people definitely having a blast with that. Can you tell me about yours? What was in your background? Did you just use a refrigerator box or something similar?
I kept it simple and just used a couple black/orange striped plastic tablecloths from Target taped to the wall, or you could use any kind of material for your backdrop. People could either take pics in their costumes with no props, use one of the props I had set aside there, such as a frame (the one I used was from IKEA), or use their own props they had with their costumes. I also had a fogger close by so that added to some of the pics as well. Here's one from last year:

http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/jules17-albums-halloween-party-2012-picture140448-my-friend-heather.jpg

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm.... the wheels are turning....

Maybe I'll put a green screen up and let them take pictures then photoshop interesting backgrounds and monsters and such and send those pics out the next day. Kind of a 'thanks for coming' thing.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hmmm.... the wheels are turning....

Maybe I'll put a green screen up and let them take pictures then photoshop interesting backgrounds and monsters and such and send those pics out the next day. Kind of a 'thanks for coming' thing.
That sounds cool! Depending on the type of party, once ppl get a little tipsy, the photos just get funnier and everyone loves seeing them and texting them to others.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The most popular game at our party besides Tempt your fate was "Drink if...." we just had a series of questions broken down into groups and every time there was a lull in the party we would bring out the drink if game, if people aren't drinking alcohol they can still play along and drink their soda. We had a zombie prom last year so some of our sentences were drink if you went to your prom... Drink if you are wearing a corsage....drink if you already bought your Halloween candy, etc. It was fun and easy

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like the clothespins game; sounds like a riot! Guess you'd just have to hope that the single folks were pretty...um..open to making new friends?!?! ;-) Not at all trying to be nit picky but I wonder how you could make this game a little more...Halloween-y?? Pun intended? haha

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ditto on this being a fun idea! Did you promise to send everyone copies of the photos? I think pics from Halloween always turn out so great anyway but what a great way to have organized (and similar) photo of all of your guests (perhaps BEFORE the booze starts flowing lol). You could make it like a freaky prom booth or something - ideas are limitless. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the clothespins game; sounds like a riot! Guess you'd just have to hope that the single folks were pretty...um..open to making new friends?!?! ;-) Not at all trying to be nit picky but I wonder how you could make this game a little more...Halloween-y?? Pun intended? haha
Yeah... we didn't have any single girls adventurous enough to do this. That was a good thing for the couples though because it meant there were no off-limit spots to hide the clothespins!

To make it more Halloweeny you could put pumpkin or ghost decorations on the clothespins. You could rename the game to "find the pumpkins" or something like that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts