Halloween Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my AtmosfearFX, etc. DVDs. I was happy with how I was able to use them (although I wish I had more projectors). My concern with the common playback method I used... where I included tube TVs in my garage walkthrough to add atmosphere, may be less impactful than I would like. Here's the problem that plagues most prop setups: Victim enters room, scans every part quickly to identify the threat, and only misdirection, heavy shadow, or tapping into that rare subjective phobia really gets the victim. A video shows movement and disturbing imagery, but I am concerned it loses points regarding jump scare potential. At best, it is the enabling distraction for an actor or another prop. The idea I am playing with now is to combine the video playback and coupled scary sounds with the hell well prop. Basically enclose a TV that is now pointed at the ceiling so that the sound is being further distorted and hopefully the flickering light draws the victim to edge closer to look into the crate-like prop to see what is in it. Maybe at that time the glimpse of whatever is on screen (and ideally in motion) can achieve that jump scare.

Please give me some pro/con feedback on this idea.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts