Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby (a trucker) got home last night around midnight, I woke up about the same time.

3AM rolls around and he says "Why don't we go out and work on the Hellbillies and Exorcist room? We have lights out there."

Hell, why not? There's no reason that we HAVE to wait for sunrise. We proceed to bundle up (it was 40 degrees F) and head out into the night and had a great time working on both scenes. We made fantastic progress while doing our best to use our 'indoor voices' considering the hour and the fact that we were working between 5 to 12 feet away from our neighbors bedroom window in the middle of the night heheh.

While the Exorcist room went pretty easy, we had some issues with the porch Hellbillys but managed to work them out in time.

We would occasionally duck back into the house to warm back up but kept going back out and before we knew it, the sun came up. This wasn't a good thing because it gave us a good view of how badly our Spider Room tent had fallen over (after several attempts to shore it up and make it work). We knew that we would have to just bite the bullet and replace our $10 cheapie tent with exactly what we built our Exorcist room from...A solid framed canopy. Cost: $130. Most times, when you buy cheap, you get cheap and this was a perfect example of it.

We spent the morning removing the cheap-crap-tent, salvaged materials and then erected the new solid canopy. About this time, Friends/helpers showed up. Hubby went on to get them to help with other parts of our haunt while I decorated the Spider Room. I was wanting to finish up with the webcaster gun but I just couldn't go on. I was exhausted, sore and just plain hurting. I didn't want to do a half-assed job so I'll just have to finish that this weekend.

We caved in at about 3PM this afternoon. 12 hours after starting, we made great progress but right now hubby is snoring on the couch after eating 2 Excedrin and I'm sitting at my computer desk sore all over. Head to toe.

But it's a 'good sore" if you know what I mean. :)

Thus concludes A Day In The Life Of A Haunter.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm right their with ya sister...Last three days have been non stop. Setting the last of the props. Making sure triggers are doing their thing when their supposed to. Finding out that i need more extension cords. Trying to come up with 20 ? for the contest. Borrowing 2 more video cameras so i can have a total of 3 going. Giving a couple of tours to some folks who will not be able to be out on the big night. fixing barrel spitter prop. Hole in the bottom. Can you say front yard flood. Heading to the store to buy candy. And right at this moment, one of the flicker lights went out on the hearse. So out i go......Oh and the most important for today that is. I sent out my secret reaper gift...Gotta go grab a jacket and fix a bulb.........see ya all soon.

My name is Brian (AKA) Boneman B. And i am a haunter...........

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
LOL, that actually sounds like a lot of fun! I'm a nocturnal worker myself - that's when I'm most creative. Now if I just had a partner in crime I'd be all set but my husband is one of those blasted "early to bed early to rise" types...

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
It's great to hear you did so well in the wee hours. We have a noise ban here so you can't make any noise before 7am or after 10pm. I'm surprised he only ate the excedrin. I pop two to four aleve every day and at least one excedrin. Though I'm an ex trucker/ex city bus driver and am on partial disability for my back and stomach.
I feel bad that the tent didn't work. I can understand about the cheap aspect too. Please post some pics for us to see your projects. The spider room makes me really curious and so does your technique with the spider shooter. I haven't used mine since I got it.

·
Registered
666 Posts
LOL, that actually sounds like a lot of fun! I'm a nocturnal worker myself - that's when I'm most creative. Now if I just had a partner in crime I'd be all set but my husband is ...
.... always telling me it's 11pm why do you want to work on stuff now aren't we just supposed to be relaxing now and it's too late...... sigh I love my husband, but I'd almost kill for him to have a brain infusion of Halloween Glee and desire.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Good thread, I was sore every day for about a week while putting everyhting up and it went as smooth as can be expected. I minimize my stress by carefully preparing during the year. lack of planning has cost me $$$$ and lots of time in the past, this seasoned Haunter aint gonna let that happen again. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts