Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does one's mind conjure up an 1870 Italianate-- old place with a cupola,almost totally hidden by a massive network of vines, making it difficult to even see 90% of the house?
I stay busy all Summer just trying to "Keep-Up" with the trimming here as this entire property gets so hidden by natures" Sun and Water" formula!
Add an actual Haunted History and Seven physical levels, secret passages,hidden doors,a Wine Cellar, a 100 foot long Exit Tunnel,all situated on the cliff's edge ,across from the City graveyard (on the very next hill) OPEN every night of the year , for 28 years.. Ravens Grin Inn-Mount Carroll,Illinois.
The "Shrubbery" always fools some people... "The house is "small". No it's not. 5,000sq. ft., "small?' (Insert evil laugh ~ Here!)

Reactions: a_granger

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Wow! I watched the TV feature from a few years back and would never have guessed 5000 sq. feet! That makes it even better IMO. It's like a magic Mary Poppins carpet bag from which one giant thing after another emerges.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone!

During my front room routine I often tell people "In the history of this house (Beginning in 1865)" I am sure that no one else has spent as much of their time working in the side yard as I have.'
That is where I have built most of the things that went into the house or yard, then add to that" work" figure during the couple of years I spent digging the exit tunnel through the yard and cementing it, having Very Little help from anyone else.

The house has seven physical levels with two levels below ground,all on a lot 125 feet by 75?
My version of personal job security is to impress people with anything-everything I have here along with the "Show" I put on for them.
Last night a member of this forum finally made it here to see the house, he is from L.A. He was very impressed!=Success!"
Thank you again for your kind words.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts