Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...well, kind of.
I still get goose bumps when I think about this.
One Christmas back in the 60s my sister received a Ouija board as a gift. I was about 8, she would have been 12. Her best friend from down the street came to visit Christmas afternoon to share "What'd ya get?" stories. Eventually my sister got around to showing her friend the Ouija board. As you'd expect, we started playing with it, asking silly questions and giggling over forced answers. As we tried to come up with more questions, her friend suggested asking it, "Is there really a Santa Claus?" My sister and I put our fingers on the planchette and asked the question. After a hesitation, it started moving. The answer it spelled out was,
"Only in the hearts of little children".
I'm getting goose bumps right now thinking about it.
I never played with it again.

·
Registered
955 Posts
That is something we all need. Innocent belief in things our logical minds deny.

A life experience one will never forget and thank you so much for sharing it with us.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Christmas Party 1966

A cousin of my girlfriend was playing with a oui-ja board. Trying to be cute she asked the board, "Who will Diane (my girlfriend) marry?"
She pushed and twisted the placette and finally it showed us the initials "BW".
I smuggly said, "You made a mistake, I am "JW", my brother is "BW".
And then I laughed at her.
A year later she broke up with me, I was very distraught, a few years after that she married mr. "BW"! (not my brother)
Maybe the board would have later said she and BW would get divorced ten years later?
BW still lives in this town, nothing but a helpless pawn of a piece of printed cardboard!

·
Halloween Bad Girl
1,029 Posts
My story goes like this, I was 6 years old and snugged tight as a bug in bed, when I heard jolly saint nick downstairs. I couldn't believe me ears when I heard the sound of Ho Ho Ho, come from below. I jumped from the bed, and bound down the stairs, there before my eyes was a big man going out the front door. I had to see for myself, if it was all true, i rushed forward and grabbed a hand. Off came a black glove as I threw the door open. Around the side of the house he left, and the last words I heard was have a good night.

This is a true story, and I kept that glove for many many years.... I found out years later, it was actually my uncle in a red jacket, wearing gloves because it was cold out side. he knew I would be listening, and played it up real big... I was mad at my mom for telling me the truth when I was 16, I still believed....

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
i had a co=worker whose kids got spooked by a Ouija board so she threw it away. It turned up a few days later on her back porch. She tried three times to throw it away and it kept returning. Finally she burned it. She was totally freaked out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
11 Participants
DaveintheGrave
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing