Halloween Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was young (around 6-13) Disney channel would air a movie called "The Worst Witch." Every year, the weekend before Halloween I watch the movie. It stars Charlotte Rae and Tim Curry. It's fun to relive childhood. Plus there is this super cheesy, hilarious Halloween music video in the movie where Tim Curry poses the question "Has anyone seen my tambourine?" Anyone else a fan of this movie?

Here is the music video:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Guilty. I have watched it every Halloween since the 80's. First on VHS and now DVD. As bad and cheesy as it is, it wouldn't be Halloween without it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I've never seen this movie but when my daughter was younger I came across a British tv series of the same name at a local video rental shop that specialized in old and obscure videos. It was made pre Harry Potter and had a lot of similarities.......hmmm. It was a series of short episodes though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I LOVE this movie! The song Tim Curry sings is priceless, as much as I love this movie I still can't believe he agreed to do it. lol. My brother bought it for a few years ago and now it is a Halloween staple!

·
Registered
68 Posts
By the way, any chance any of you have seen The Halloween That Almost Wasn't? It was a great movie in the 80's and I can't find it anywhere. :(

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I *love* The Worst Witch! I remember watching it on HBO as a kid, I think, and it was so campy & fun! Kind of a pre-Hogwarts school of witchcraft, even!
That video brings me back! LOL! :D

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
I *love* The Worst Witch! I remember watching it on HBO as a kid, I think, and it was so campy & fun! Kind of a pre-Hogwarts school of witchcraft, even!
That video brings me back! LOL! :D
Yup, it was HBO, my mom taped it from there for me. I ended up wearing the tape out, I watched it so many times!

I still watch my DVD every year.

Y'know, one thing that always confused me about this movie? Why Miss Cackle had an English accent while her twin sister had an American Southern accent (and sounded very much like my Aunt Pam)?

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I LOVE this movie! The song Tim Curry sings is priceless, as much as I love this movie I still can't believe he agreed to do it. lol. My brother bought it for a few years ago and now it is a Halloween staple!
Really? Have you ever SEEN Rocky Horror Picture Show...which, on its own as a movie, is just plain pathetic.

And...hungry actors will do most anything that pays money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts