Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife came back from A.C. Moore today with a Gemmy "Spirit Ball"...for $10.00! She said all Halloween was reduced, and when she asked the sales girl she said they are making space for the Christmas items being stocked on Monday!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,508 Posts
Yup, it's true. I was at our AC Moore two days ago and Halloween was condensed to less than half of one aisle, and Xmas stuff already filling the rest of the space that was their Halloween display. Really sad. Micahels is not far behind and as another thread mentioned, Walmart is doing the same. Factory Card outlet is also condensing Halloween in favor of Xmas stuff. Simple matter of merchandising but it just get's earlier every year. I was in one store in our mall a few days ago and there was a Christmas carol playing. Yack!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yuck! I don't even want to hear that word (you know) in October. Must focus on the Halloween decorations on peoples' houses and stay out of stores.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ugh, Christmas is killing Halloween!

But on another note, everything at Spirit is on sale too. I got an animated Hex (yay!) for $50 off AND used a 20% off coupon on him. He went from $150 to $86. Awesome deal.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,441 Posts
Maybe with the financial crisis the stores are thinking Halloween is too "depressing".
They think all this Christmas stuff will make us instantly cheerful and happy.
The paradox is---nobody will have any money to spend on Christmas this year!!!!!!
Sheesh!!!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,508 Posts
Ugh, Christmas is killing Halloween!

But on another note, everything at Spirit is on sale too. I got an animated Hex (yay!) for $50 off AND used a 20% off coupon on him. He went from $150 to $86. Awesome deal.

Good point. Spirit, for the first time I can remember, is actually marking things down pre-Halloween. I think sales have been flat for the most part so look for more and bigger discounts as the last two weeks unfold. They don't want to be stuck with a lot of inventory to ship back to their warehouses. They may even mark down further than 50% on their "day-after" sale.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Maybe with the financial crisis the stores are thinking Halloween is too "depressing".
The paradox is---nobody will have any money to spend on Christmas this year!!!!!!
Sheesh!!!
I'm guessing everyone wants to get a head start selling Christmas stuff to try to meet quotas for that stuff since that is still the biggest selling season....It's going to be a rough year for them no matter how early they start....ZR

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
Sheesh!!!

I think they are pushing Christmas really hard this early cause Santa's elves are about to get canned, the Toy Factory is about to close and Santa is going to fly off to Bimini with a HUGE severance package!

·
Registered
13,783 Posts
I think they are pushing Christmas really hard this early cause Santa's elves are about to get canned, the Toy Factory is about to close and Santa is going to fly off to Bimini with a HUGE severance package!

I heard the North Pole might be on the foreclosure bus tour also. Yep it's starting to look more like 19...

Hope everyone can hang in there all kidding aside.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
When do the stores start putting things on clearance?? i thought they would at least wait till less than 2 weeks away to get their main sales in... No clearance up here yet...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts