Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How-do, Gang.

Did a quick check on moon phases for 2015, looks like the full moon in October (known as the Hunter's moon, traditionally, which should amuse all the werewolf fans out there) is...

October 27th. That's a Tuesday. By Halloween, Saturday the 31st, it will be waning gibbous, but still showing 80% of the surface.

So the last week of October will be illuminated with moonlight, at least for those who have relatively clear or partly cloudy skies.

:D

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I noticed that several months ago. I had planned to do a bunch of projections this year when I noticed that our local newspaper website had the phases of the moon on the home page. I checked ahead to October and sure enough, nice and bright.

I'll have to check for next year. I know they have it mapped out for decades to come.

·
Registered
703 Posts
How-do, Gang.

Did a quick check on moon phases for 2015, looks like the full moon in October (known as the Hunter's moon, traditionally, which should amuse all the werewolf fans out there) is...

October 27th. That's a Tuesday. By Halloween, Saturday the 31st, it will be waning gibbous, but still showing 80% of the surface.

So the last week of October will be illuminated with moonlight, at least for those who have relatively clear or partly cloudy skies.

:D
Funny you mentioned that. This years prop happens to be a werewolf.

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,163 Posts
Thanks for the info spats.....I remember one year (about 12 yrs ago maybe?) where the moon was huge on halloween night.It was gorgeous and made me fall in love with the magic that is Halloween. I thought it was a harvest moon, but I think hubby told me it couldn't be in October.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I just checked the moon rise time for south eastern PA and it's not until around 10:00 pm. Which means my TOTs will be long gone.
I guess I will need to provide my own lighting.:(

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,979 Posts
EVERY Halloween is a bright Halloween for me thanks to the [email protected]#$#$% streetlight across from my driveway that shines with the light of a thousands suns upon my entire front yard. :mad:

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
One Full-Moon October I managed to take my Wife on her first Historical Grave Yard tour of the local grave yard here in Mount Carrol, Illinois.
The night itself was warm enough,air still, moon full as the truck-drawn custom built wagon wound it's way through the narrow grave yard roads, then came the loop .
From a high enough cliff overlooking the downtown with it's brick street, antique store fronts all seemed to be below us and we seemed to be getting that aerial view. And the full Moon was right behind the town.
Very neat!!
"Picture-Perfect"

·
Halloween Elitist
2,890 Posts
EVERY Halloween is a bright Halloween for me thanks to the [email protected]#$#$% streetlight across from my driveway that shines with the light of a thousands suns upon my entire front yard. :mad:
Just my luck too, bought a new house in brand new subdivision in 2007, my first house so I was super excited so not noticing the street light right smack across my lot was not on my radar.That light is the bane of my (Halloween)existence. Shines all over my cemetery that is my mainstay,grrrr!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts