Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A big thanks goes out to everyone on this great forum! I've had a halloween display for a few years, but after seeing what everyone else was doing, I decided to try out a few of the easier props...My Lord! It was a major hit this year, I have caught the bug! I ordered a few gearmotors and I'm excited to give a few props a try!
Thanks once again for all of the ideas and tutorials! You folks rock!:)

·
Banned
524 Posts
Yea I took this year off because of schedule conflicts with other things falling on Halloween this year. I was very sad tonight I didn't do a display. First time I had not done one in 15 yrs and it was weird. A lot of people were disappointed as well, but I am definitely making up for this year off next year with it being on a Saturday as I have had the extra year to plan without having to worry about this year. I am glad it is over now so I can be on the same level again with everyone else, and that is planning for 2009....LoL

Glad to hear your haunt went well.

How was everyone else's?

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
At one point, mid-evening, one of my daughters and I were handing out candy and glow bracelets, when she turned to me and asked if I had put out a strobe light in my display this year...to which I answered no.

Took a moment to realize what had prompted her question, until another light flashed - it was a camera flash.

So many people were taking pictures of our display, that my daughter mistook it for a strobe light.

So, that to me is one of the highest compliments of the evening - I had so many people loving my display, even though 3 houses down from mine was a place running a walk-through haunt, they'd stop and admire our display, even though the other place had gone all out. That's the kind of attention I like to get...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts