Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I've been lurking on your site for a few weeks and decided to take the plunge and Post! Yep, a big chicken, that's me! :p
We moved to Harvest, Alabama just over four years ago, and it's been quite an evolution in celebrating Halloween.
We lived for 14 years in DC, and Halloween was a bust - it was a big night if we got 8 or 10 tots.

So imagine my delight on our first Halloween when we had a steady stream of tots at the door. Good thing I'd bought plenty of candy! The next year I did a bit more preparation, the main addition being ME in costume greeting all comers from a bench on our porch (that constantly ringing doorbell the previous year had driven our cats to distraction.) Just being in costume with a few colored lights and cobwebs got such a reaction, that I went even further the following year. And it was quite a good show, if I do say so myself.

Which leads us to THIS year - and I have plans, my haunting friends! I'm going to make a fog chiller, and some tiki skulls with flickering lights to line the sidewalk, I've got a new twelve foot spider web and an 8 foot bat, a new arrangement of singing pumpkins, and quite a bit more. Just waiting for a few pieces bought on line to arrive to start assembling. I like to make my house look creepy, but not too scary for the little ones.

My husband has NO interest in decorating, so everything I do I do myself. He just lets me do my thing, and contributes by not complaining about the cost. And I'm darn thrifty, anyway (but let's not even get started on what happens around here at Christmas !!!)

So didn't mean to go on so long, but I'm glad to meet you all, and I'll keep coming back for more inspiration!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome guys - yeah, Huntsville is great weather for Halloween - plenty warm for wearing costumes and not having to worry about getting chilled!

My only concern each year is RAIN - but we've been lucky so far, hope this year as well with all the stuff I have planned.

Cool to hear you're in the area Runwolf - maybe I can pick your brain for supplies sometimes.

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
Welcome to the forum,sounds like you need a need a new husband, browse our site, there are many studly single men that love Halloween.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, the hubby's not so bad - he let's me do my thing, and he brags about it to friends and family!

HE was the one who brought home the eight foot bat with glowing eyes from Costco a few weeks ago, said "I saw it and thought of you - hope you don't already have one."

That was sweeter than flowers and candy in my book! :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TK - love your website!

And small world- I was born and raised in Seattle, WA; most of my family is still in the area. My father-in-law lives in Mill Creek, wonder if he's heard of your haunt? Best of all, this year he will be at our house to celebrate his 80th birthday on Oct 30, followed (of course) by big doings on Halloween! It's his first visit to our home in Alabama, and he's heard many tales about my holiday decorating- so I'm going to pull out all the stops this year!!

Just hope I can get ready for a houseguest and get all my spooky decorations done simultaneously. Usually shopping and housecleaning get kind of ignored the weeks before Halloween........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts