Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened in Utah, just saw it on the news.
Wonder how the child will remember this? Good-Bad?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Bad-very bad I would think. It seems terrifying. Anytime a little kid loses sight of their parents they get scared. But I don't understand as a parent how one loses their 3 year child, goes home without him, goes to sleep for the night and finally realizes the next day you lost your son.

·
Typing Away
3,619 Posts
I have to agree with you Ditsterz. The news stated they had a big family but still how do you forget a three year old.

·
Registered
314 Posts
My roommate and I were talking about this. How does your motherly instinct just not kick in when you haven't laid eyes on your child in hours? Heck, I'm not even a mom but I've taken care of a lot of children and I've had moments where I suddenly panicked and thought "where is so-and-so!?" before remembering their mom took them or something. I really don't understand the psychology in these parents that seem to lack that awareness.

Luckily, at 3 years old you don't remember too much. Hopefully this child will forgo this particular memory.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I don't care how many kids you have, there is no excuse for a parent or whatever adult is in charge to leave for home without knowing each and every child is accounted for and even more unforgivable that they didn't miss him till the next morning. I hope a serious investigation into that home is conducted.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wow, just can't believe how some people can be so far a filed as to not realize they left their own child.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Wow, just can't believe how some people can be so far a filed as to not realize they left their own child.
I got a new car this summer. When I turn off the ignition, it reminds me to check the back set before exiting. Apparently, that's the kind of society we now live in.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
There are so many things wrong here it's scary. Firstly, who takes a 3 year old through a corn maze without latching onto his hand or using a tether? And then not realizing he's no longer with you?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Thankfully the child was not left the whole night alone in the corn maze in the dark and cold. He was found by someone in the late evening hours and taken somewhere he would be safe, warm and fed. So his memories of that night most likely will not haunt him for the rest of his life.

But like others above have said, how in the heck does a parent not realize that one of their kids is missing? I've had a young and sleep deprived mother leave her infant child at one of my yard sales (actually it happened 2 times, different mothers and different children) They put the carrier down with the child so they could look around and shop, then got in their cars and drove off. They were both back in less than 15 mins. in total panic mode and feeling quite embarrassed that they had left their children. But again these were sleep deprived young mothers with infants, so one can give a little slack for this and at least they realized that their child was not in the car within mere minutes, not hours or over night.

Surely one parent or the other would have realized that their kid wasn't there come bedtime. Hubby and I raised 5 kids and we both tucked them in each night together no matter how exhausted or sick we were. We would both go in and tuck each child in. I sure hope this wasn't some kind of Joe Dirt situation and was purely an accident.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
I'm sure Social Services or Child Welfare, or whatever department Utah has in place, have already swooped in on the parents, NO EXCUSES for this one. Just hope the little tyke doesn't suffer some kind of trauma...

·
Registered
126 Posts
It is criminal to not miss the kid. I bet they got good ratings on the reality TV episode it made. I think they should change the name of the tribal family TV shows from 'XX Kids and Counting' since nobody is apparently doing the "Counting" when a threshold is reached to make sure nobody is left behind.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Related to 3 year olds and parent's shockingly scary behavior...

Where I work (Richardson, TX... part of Dallas), there is currently an Amber Alert out because a Dad made his 3 year old stand outside as punishment for not finishing her glass of milk AT 3 IN THE MORNING!

When he went back, the child was gone and is still gone for close to a week now. He waited 5 hours to call the police.

What was the kid doing up at 3am?

What kind of parent makes their kid stand outside as punishment for not finishing a glass of milk?

The whole thing sounds fishy to me... along with the corn maze thing...

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Related to 3 year olds and parent's shockingly scary behavior...

Where I work (Richardson, TX... part of Dallas), there is currently an Amber Alert out because a Dad made his 3 year old stand outside as punishment for not finishing her glass of milk AT 3 IN THE MORNING!

When he went back, the child was gone and is still gone for close to a week now. He waited 5 hours to call the police.

What was the kid doing up at 3am?

What kind of parent makes their kid stand outside as punishment for not finishing a glass of milk?

The whole thing sounds fishy to me... along with the corn maze thing...
Yeah, when I read about the Richardson case my first thought was, really? you can't come up with a better story than that? There's obviously way more to that story than what was reported.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts