Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone had posted a while back about some LED desk lamps they had found at the 99 cent store, I'm sorry that I don't remember who posted about it (I searched but couldn't find the thread).

I just picked up some for my graveyard and let me tell you...those things are BRIGHT!!! I sanded the back of the lens to diffuse the light, which helped quite a bit. My wife had a great idea to get some colored cellophane to put over the lenses.

Now I'm all set for some nice lighting for my tombstones this year. Thanks to whoever it was that originally posted about these little LED lamps. Great find!! :cool:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some pictures of the LED lights I bought:

Here it is tuned off:
LED lamp light off.jpg

Here it is turned on facing the camera:
LED lamp light on.jpg

And here it is in a dark room lighting up a pen:
LED lamp light on in darkness.jpg

About the only draw back to them is that they use three AA batteries each. I suppose I could convert them to run off of wall warts but that's a project for next year. lol

I still need to get some colored cellophane for them but I think they are going to work great this year.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Someone had posted a while back about some LED desk lamps they had found at the 99 cent store, I'm sorry that I don't remember who posted about it (I searched but couldn't find the thread).

I just picked up some for my graveyard and let me tell you...those things are BRIGHT!!! I sanded the back of the lens to diffuse the light, which helped quite a bit. My wife had a great idea to get some colored cellophane to put over the lenses.

Now I'm all set for some nice lighting for my tombstones this year. Thanks to whoever it was that originally posted about these little LED lamps. Great find!! :cool:
Check the back to school section, I remember seeing Ghost of Skookie post pics of these colored plastic locker boxed (I think they were for note pads or pens or something...had a magnet on them for affixing to the locker door) anyway, they are colored clear plastic and she suggested using them for gels...this might give u stronger color than the celephane

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ooooh, that's a great idea Pumpkinpie!!! I can get a couple of colors for less than what the colored cellophane would probably cost. BRILLIANT!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts