Halloween Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
How long does your 9V last on this? That can indicated what kind of current draw your circuit places on the battery. Does this color changer use a micro processor (PIC)?
Is your walwort a regulated or unregulated 9V supply? If unregulated you could be putting too noisy of a signal to the PIC.

Make sure you walworts are DC and not AC since AC versions are out there.
I'm not sure what load your LED's and pic will place on the battery/supply but it should not be that high and I would think 7 volts would keep even the bluest two LED's glowing and you should get some light much lower (until forward voltage cut off of the led's).

If you have a volt meter let us know the readings you see at the walwort connected and not connecte to the circuit.

Ok, this is driving me nuts....I am in need of a "9 volt battery eliminator/adapter" to power a set of LED eyes controlled by a color changing / fading circuit...here's my dilemma - When the unit is powered by a 9 Volt battery, it works fine...BUT, when I try different 9 volt adapters (i.e. each having a different milliamp / amp rating), I get nothing, not even a flicker....so my question is, obviously this circuit requires exactly a 9 Volt battery to power itself (and must have some protection as to not get overpowered or underpowered), therefore, can anyone tell me what the mAH / amp rating is of a standard alkaline 9 Volt battery, so I can size an AC/DC adapter to use in its place? It sucks to all "royal hehaw" to have to keep replacing batteries for something so trivial....Ahhhgg....:eek:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.