Halloween Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last year spirit advertised an 8ft skeleton.
although i never saw one in person. I remember people saying they were really about 6 1/2-7 ft

anyway, I think I just saw one at Halloween city.

they were $99.
anyone remember what spirit sold them for last year.

comments on them?

I dont mind that they arent posable.
just dont know if they are worth it.

anyone have pics of one of these in their displays?

·
Registered
125 Posts
$99 is way too much for one of these. My suggestion is to get them from Wal Mart, they are 5', and the best ones this year for any type of prop building. Spirit will have a huge sale on everything on Halloween day and November 1st. You might be able to get it cheaper at that point. Sunstar Industries is the company that produces the most of these, and I noticed their tag on the Spirit Halloween ones last week. If you order direct from them, they are $40 each. He is also at Trans World haunted house convention every year, just FYI. HAPPY HAUNTING!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Last year someone posted a photo of the "eight-foot" skeleton in a store, and it didn't look nearly that tall. Someone else posted a photo from a grocery store that had a six or six and a half foot skeleton that I'm sure was much less than Spirit's price. Good luck finding that thread now though. I do recall that I had never heard of the chain here on the west coast.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Or build your own. Very time consuming, but way cheaper on cash. I made mine out of the styrofoam bag of bones, wire, hot glue gun glue, newspaper, brass rod for the spine, carpet glue to get the head and face the stringy flesh look, and green, brown, and black paints.

Art Drawing
Sculpture Art Statue Wood Nonbuilding structure

·
Crunchitize Me Cap'n
1,654 Posts
Saw ONE at my local Spirit for $99 as well. The site says 6'6". It looks to me like a bigger version of the Walmart 5' skeletons. Same skeleton, same quality, just add another foot and a half

·
Registered
899 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts