Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my first year using projection as a means of displaying a haunt. So I decided to build two 8' pillars and rear project onto it. I absolutely wanted no light bleed and as dark an image as possible in the blacks which I have achieved here. I'm pleased and will be adding more projection next year!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you look at my other threads you can see how I built the columns. They're just Styrofoam and a basic wood build but I did a two day distress and stain on them which made them look amazing. I did not use any dryloc or plaster because to me it makes it look fake. 20141010_004122-picsay.jpg 20141014_143749_HDR-picsay.jpg 20141016_145520_HDR-picsay.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Atmosfear provided the projection I actually have several videos playing but I'm fond of the Grimm reaper.I also have vids from spectral illusions as well.

·
Registered
393 Posts
You mentioned in your first post that you rear projected but I'm trying to figure out how you did that given your column set up with the white wall between them.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Love the effect, very original!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I looked at the day photo and I see it now. You're right, Victor. At first it looked like bricks but it's crease marks in the material being used to project on. Thanks for pointing that out and solving the mystery for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts