Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe I get more excited about Halloween, than my kids do about Christmas. I can tell when Halloween is approaching, the Husband starts complaining about how much I'm going to spend and my sons start telling me they want to be a zombies yet again. Hope you're all as excited as I am :p

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
theworstwitch, I think people are slowly coming around to the idea, the shops seem to be stocking more Halloween stuff than they used to do. I heard a few parents who came to our house trick or treating with their kids, say they'll have to decorate too..so fingers crossed we get more into it like the U.S if not I'm moving over there lol

Glass eye, lol gotta love those paint fumes

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
I hide in the dark, air-conditioned rooms of my house, hidden from the bread-oven heat of summer--painting in the shadow, sculpting, breathing life and intent into a thing not meant for daylight, nursing it until it is weaned and ready to chew the night with it's newly grown teeth.

To some bluthering fools it's a painting, or a paper mache sculpture, but soon they'll learn the thing's power as it looms over them at summer's end, as it takes residence in their imaginations, a cold companion for the dying days.

Each year these small horrors are a balm to my madness in the blistering solstice. They are the trophies of another defeated summer. Let the days fall smitten from the calendar. Let the hateful sun mourn the last minutes of it's reign.
Nothing can hinder the coming dark.
Nothing can slay the growing shadow.
I'll get you next time, Gadge--uh,... hasten, ye heavy nights! Let the corpses of spring's vanity be thy carpet!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Spats, I enjoyed reading your post as I sit in the over 80 degrees temp INSIDE my house, won't venture out today!
Halloween sucks in the UK, I hope next time I'm there in October I can see the improvement since I was there last. Maybe you can get the kids over here one Halloween?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
theworstwitch, yeah the kids would love that, hey if you're coming to the UK you should try and visit Whitby on Halloween, they have a massive Goth event for the evening, all of them visiting Draculas castle lol a.k.a Whitby Abbey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts