Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts
thanks for post
I missed out on the 2 witches dang it but I did get the blood drip lights 8 of them and 4 vultures
think I will stop by store and see if they have it by chance

·
Ghouls Rule
2,584 Posts
thanks for the heads up. My area is picked clean of the inflatables though, I really had my eye on the witch kicking legs in couldron, head turning spider and fire n ice pumpkin guy, all gone locally and in next county as well.

Since one of my 2 blood drip lights died within the first day this year, (they were new from last year) I ordered 9 sets. Hopefully I can do the whole house next time and none die on me. That is, if HD doesnt cancel the order because they only have 8 left of the 9 needed. /eyeroll. Hate when stores do that, at least send me the 8 jeez.

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered the flamingos and one vulture the other day, I got them yesterday, I really liked them a lot, when I saw that they were 75 % off I bought 3 more vultures .

·
Hungry For Death
729 Posts
Are those blacklights worth the price? I read they are just basically purple LED

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
thanks for the heads up. My area is picked clean of the inflatables though, I really had my eye on the witch kicking legs in couldron, head turning spider and fire n ice pumpkin guy, all gone locally and in next county as well.

Since one of my 2 blood drip lights died within the first day this year, (they were new from last year) I ordered 9 sets. Hopefully I can do the whole house next time and none die on me. That is, if HD doesnt cancel the order because they only have 8 left of the 9 needed. /eyeroll. Hate when stores do that, at least send me the 8 jeez.
I know! I've had that happen to me on orders from other companies...Lillian Vernon as I recall was one and it was the last time I bought from them since they accepted the order in that quantity (believe item was 3 cemetery arches so not like I order 25 or something excessive).

I wanted to thank wristslitter for the heads up on HD's clearance sale. I saw my local store listed it had one (1) of the Gemmy LED spots in Black light on clearance and in stock for $3.74. Headed over there on my way to get coffee. All the leftover halloween was located in the entrance way to the store in those cardboard display bins. Turns out I found 2 of them in the bins so was a pretty happy camper. Would have preferred an Outdoor/Indoor version for flexibility but can still make use of these and what a great deal on them. These indoor spots are sold under HD's Home Accents line and because they are indoor use don't come with a ground stake. As such they are packaged in a much smaller box. I almost didn't notice them because I was thinking the box would be larger and look just like the blue/red/green Home Accent spots I bought from their xmas area a few weeks ago. So here's a photo of them so you don't overlook them.

I asked the Customer Service lady if they would ring up at the clearance price, and she said online had different pricing. However she scanned the boxes they came up with the Clearance price of $3.74, not $7.49, so I was happy. I would have been annoyed if I had to stand there and order online on my phone to have it delivered at the store where I was standing!

As for what was left in my store, I saw the pumpkin man inflatable guy who was on display and inflated next to the clearance bins and a few of the just JOL looking inflatables. Various string lights, some wreaths. I did see a few boxes of some lawn decorations but can't recall which ones. Not much else though really. I was delighted to find the backlight spots. The website had listed only one for my local store and one at a store further away in SJ, and a check store for maybe three other stores in the south SF Bay area, otherwise they were sold out locally. The fact that I found 2 available in my store was pure luck. Thanks again wristslitter!

·
Hungry For Death
729 Posts
I wanted to thank wristslitter for the heads up on HD's clearance sale. I saw my local store listed it had one (1) of the Gemmy LED spots in Black light on clearance and in stock for $3.74.
How well do they light up? is it true Blacklight? or just purple

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Unfortunately I don't think I have much in the house right now I can put my hands on that was painted with fluorescent paint. The only thing I found handy was this Kmart clown mask. I took two sample photos. The purple as recorded by my cellphone is way more intense on my computer screen and camera than what I perceived in person. There is a lot of white on the mask so I would expect it to look pretty purple though. The orange paint around the eyes did look like it was stimulated by the light. The green looked different too and unfortunately it wasn't painted with the fluorescent yellow green paint which I think would have been a better test color. Here's my photos for what they are worth. Maybe someone else has this light and better samples to take photos of or give an opinion on. I'll take another look around the house but much is already packed away.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,584 Posts
ok so after calling 3 stores, I managed to find the 9ft fire n ice pumpkin reaper. The clerk thought he was only half off, but when ringing it came to the 75% off price, so yay. :) My mom will be picking him up for me, I paid for him over the phone already.

Im a bit sad I couldnt get the witch kicking legs in cauldron or the looking left/right spider and black cat. If any other fine folk come across these in your hometown I would gladly pay for shipping from you to me plus item cost. Please let me know, thanks again wristslitter for the heads up.

oh, btw, my order says shipped on my blood drip lights, yay!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. Naturally, I literally just bought a set of those blood-dripping lights for 50% off. Grabbed 2 more anyway, I'll just return the other set.

I really wanted to get the inflatable fire and ice pumpkin reaper, which seems like a steal at $17.50 but he's out of stock online :(

Edit: just called 4 different Home Depots, and they told me both that the reaper is only sold online and no store within a 60 mile radius has any in stock.

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
I have found that Home Depot's online inventory works pretty well. So if you plug in your zip it will show closest stores and qty available. When I was looking for red and blue static spots a few weeks ago, the count was accurate for my store for each color. Today my store said it had the black spotlight and they did, although I did find a second one in the bin that wasn't accounted for.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
How well do they light up? is it true Blacklight? or just purple
I bought some of those online when someone posted they were on sale in September. They are pretty much just a purple light; they don't really cause anything to fluoresce. But I got them for 27 cents each with tax and shipping included, so I didn't complain. :)

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. Naturally, I literally just bought a set of those blood-dripping lights for 50% off. Grabbed 2 more anyway, I'll just return the other set.

I really wanted to get the inflatable fire and ice pumpkin reaper, which seems like a steal at $17.50 but he's out of stock online :(

Edit: just called 4 different Home Depots, and they told me both that the reaper is only sold online and no store within a 60 mile radius has any in stock.

I saw the 8.9 foot Fire and Ice Pumpkin Reaper guy when I went to my store this morning to get the black spot lights. Took notice of him but didn't have enough cash on me then. Thought about it over lunch and decided he would have been nice to have had this past halloween when it was raining, so headed back over there. Thankfully he was still there, only one and they had the box and stakes and instructions still. 17.50. This is my third inflatable (I'm laughing as I said I doubted I would ever own any and over the years added a spider and a giant cat that opens it's mouth. Never say never I guess LOL).

So Forheset, since Kittyvibe and I both picked up one today, they clearly could be found still in some stores this morning so he wasn't just sold online. Did you personally check their website for any left in stores or did they tell you that too? With my local store selected as My Store it says "Visit or Call Your Local Home Depot store to confirm availability. Item must be purchased in store." I don't know what part of Texas you live in but the Dallas Store on Lemmon Ave #589 has this same message posted, same for the N Arlington #554 store and several others I tried in Texas. Would be nice if they showed the closest store it was still listed in their system.

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
I just remembered I have one of the fluorescent clown props from Spirit in an excessible area. I'll dig it out and do a test with my LED black spot.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I saw the 8.9 foot Fire and Ice Pumpkin Reaper guy when I went to my store this morning to get the black spot lights. Took notice of him but didn't have enough cash on me then. Thought about it over lunch and decided he would have been nice to have had this past halloween when it was raining, so headed back over there. Thankfully he was still there, only one and they had the box and stakes and instructions still. 17.50. This is my third inflatable (I'm laughing as I said I doubted I would ever own any and over the years added a spider and a giant cat that opens it's mouth. Never say never I guess LOL).

So Forheset, since Kittyvibe and I both picked up one today, they clearly could be found still in some stores this morning so he wasn't just sold online. Did you personally check their website for any left in stores or did they tell you that too? With my local store selected as My Store it says "Visit or Call Your Local Home Depot store to confirm availability. Item must be purchased in store." I don't know what part of Texas you live in but the Dallas Store on Lemmon Ave #589 has this same message posted, same for the N Arlington #554 store and several others I tried in Texas. Would be nice if they showed the closest store it was still listed in their system.
Thanks for checking. Yeah, I checked online and although some stores in my area said they had the reaper available, it wouldn't let me proceed with checkout, saying "item no longer available online", no matter which store I picked. So, I called 4 different stores...two of them told me it was only available online. I replied that I tried ordering online, and the website says it's no longer available online, to which they replied "we don't have any in stock". I was also told when calling another store that these were out of stock all the way as far as Austin (I'm in San Antonio).

Ok, so on my 4th phone call, the girl I talked to told me if it says "not available online", that means they are just sold out period. I persist and say, why does the website say several stores have these in stock? She checks the store stock status for like every single store in my area supposedly, and says none have it and she doesn't even think it's being sold in stores. At that point I just gave up. I'm going to swing by Home Depot on the way home and check for myself in person.

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Forheset, check PMs again. Sent you a location to check that said it's in Stock in limited quantity and available for pick up in San Antonio area. Might want to call and if they have it ask to hold. You can check that location online using that store and see for yourself. They might need the stock number but I'd tell them they say they have it. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts