Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year will be our 6th year hosting our annual Halloween bash. I'm feeling a bit BLAH this year. And its been kind of a rough year. I turn 30 on October 5th and I just want this year to be better than last year. It was COLD last year. I need some ideas as of what to do. We have a cemetery scene that I have been building on every year. I need some new things just don't have any motivation this year. HELP!! I need some MOJO.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
If you don't see any threads that attract you here, I'd recommend browsing Pinterest boards for ideas or just motivation. Seeing all those pictures can get a person in the mood to decorate! Search for cemetery decorating, Halloween, whatever you think might apply.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Do something as a take off of turning 30----like Death of your Youth. Decorate with a large gravestone commenarating it. Or an old fashioned wake for Youth. Sort of tongue in cheek. I think it would be fun. You could send out Save the Date with a sort of build up of the theme.

·
Registered
38 Posts
OI, i am in the same boat! it's my 6th year and i had such a bad time coming up with a theme. I think i decided on "Haunted Hotel' theme

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I've had years where I feel that way, but its amazing how your mojo can get jumpstarted by the sight of Halloween stuff in stores. Hang in there, it will come.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Someone mentioned it....Pinterest. I get into so much time wasting trouble on there. I've been actively looking at Halloween ideas on there. Makes me smile! Haha

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm with everyone else on looking for inspiration on Pintrest and maybe some videos on youtube. Halloween merchandise is showing up in stores like Micheals, Hobby Lobby, etc. so try to stop by and browse around even if you don't plan on buying. It may get you excited. If you're still feeling blah then scale back the party a bit to something simple and easy. Guests have the most fun when the host is having fun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts