Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have to show this, just because of how much I paid for it.

I put an ad on Craig's list for Halloween items. A guy emailed me saying he had a 6' vampire prop that I may be interested in. He told me to make him an offer I looked at it and told him by looking at the pic there was no way I could afford it at this time. I figured around $200.00 would have been a reasonable offer and I said unless he was willing to take considerably less I couldn't buy it, like I said times are tight. So he email's back and said he got it at a liquidation sale and that the cd is scratched, the tray is missing and so is one of the rods for his arm. He said again to make him an offer, so I said I'd give him $40.00 with out looking at it. I told him that I could just take it apart and use the head and hands for something else or just build him a new body out of PVC. He said he'd take it. He's been trying to get rid of it for awhile. So I went and picked up today. Here's what it actually looks like.

This is me next to it, I am 5'3".

close up of his head

close up of hands

close up of shoes

His stand and body
I think I scored pretty big. He needs some TLC and I think I'm going to build him a new body. I don't really like how he stands. Let me know what think and ideas you may have.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Good Bargain there HJ..
Wouldn't be too big a deal to make him a new body from PVC.
How are the hands and feet attached?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Baron, here are some pisc of the hands and feet

The feet attach to the base by just slipping over some pecks and pole.

The hands are suppose to attch to the rods, but as you can see the one that is missing the rod also is missing the cap for the hand.
In the pic the hands are held on with the shirt.

I'm going to remove the other cap whem I build another body, I figured I'd just use pvc end caps the size of the hands and then glue end caps the size of the pvc I'm going to use. Other things I've notice is he's not portioned right, his clothes just hand off him and don't really meet up right. I'm going to make him a little thicker, like he actually has a body.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts

Great Find!!! Wish we had deals like that by me:)

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Thanks for the additional pics HJ.
Yeah..everythings there..I reckon a new pvc frame, pad him out a bit and you've got yourself a pretty decent prop at a pretty decent price!

·
Shiver me timbers
1,270 Posts
Evil Bob , that's great ! Does your's look like he's not porption right?
Now I feel like I didn't get that great of a deal, maybe I should have went lower. Yeah well. I still love it and wouln't have bought at regular price.
I thought it looked very cartoony, but at the price I had to get it! Here's mine, does it look out of proportion?

·
Registered
576 Posts
I can't believe it! Is that really a picture of Dogs Playing Pool?! :)

Nice Dracula you scored! It will make a nice prop for your haunt, I'm sure. Darkness makes props look even better!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
I can't believe you de-panted a vampire :eek:
Better wear a thick scarf around your neck and watch your back!
Anyway, great find and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with him.

MsM

1 - 19 of 19 Posts