Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a 6 foot Jason animatronic that collapses for storage and has springs in the legs and he is supposed to lock into place once raised up to his full height. My problem is he stays at the height he collapses to which is around 4.5 feet tall. He's basically a little person Jason. He worked before when I first bought him and stayed locked into full height. I have no clue why he's not catching or how to fix him. Any suggestions would be awesome. I saw some people posted he doesn't go to full height but he won't go past 4 feet. I need him around 6 foot to look right. How he just sort of bounces. He is a Gemma product. Thanks. image.jpg

·
Registered
876 Posts
I would try lifting him to full height, all of mine needed to be lifted the rest of the way up.
If he does not stay at full height, check the release lever used to lower him.
It's spring could have failed and you may need to manually move the lever in to catch.
Failing all that, I would check to see if the catch has broken off. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the reply. Do you know how I can check the spring lever? I tried holding him up and he just lowers and bounces a little. I tried shining a flashlight down his body but it's really hard to see since from the knees up he's basically fully enclosed. The release button Is on the bottom but I'm not sure how to open it to check it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
yeah sorry to hear. We ditched our Jason after like 2 or 3 seasons. His machete arm stopped working, We have loved Gemmy until we realized that their props break down very fast for the money we are shelling out. We will NEVER buy another Lifesize Gemmy product again. Hope all works out for your prop!

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:) I have the same problem with my Jason prop and have from the time I bought him four years ago. My Jason NEVER set up to his full height, but stayed about where yours is. Every year I take a Glade air freshener spray can and shove it under his crotch area. (I avert my eyes, of course ;)) It's kind of tricky, but you can wedge the can in place and he will be an imposing six foot height. No problems with his arm or sounds, just that locking mechanism never worked right. But, necessity is the mother of invention....or the can shover...I always get confused about how the saying goes....:eek:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
:) I have the same problem with my Jason prop and have from the time I bought him four years ago. My Jason NEVER set up to his full height, but stayed about where yours is. Every year I take a Glade air freshener spray can and shove it under his crotch area. (I avert my eyes, of course ;)) It's kind of tricky, but you can wedge the can in place and he will be an imposing six foot height. No problems with his arm or sounds, just that locking mechanism never worked right. But, necessity is the mother of invention....or the can shover...I always get confused about how the saying goes....:eek:
Ouch! No wonder he's so grouchy...and high-voiced.

220 Posts
WANTED: Gemmy 6 foot animated Jason Voorhees

Hi, I am searching for the original 6 foot animated Jason Voorhees by Gemmy Industries in 2007( in working condition) and if you have(or know of) one for sale, please contact me! This version has a brown tattered jacket, and where's a black shirt and black pants, it is based off Freddy Vs Jason. Also, the arm is posed strait and sometimes the machete slightly leans a little to the right. There is also a bit of hair on the back of Jason. Here is what he does-He turns side to side, he swings the machete up and down, the head turns around, the eyes move, and he makes the ch-ch-ch ah-ah-ah sounds. I am hoping to pay around $170-$200 for him. I am in Kansas so if you live in my state, then I can just pick it up but if not, than it would be best it be shipped to me. Here is a link to a demo video. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vPYBATMpiDI

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts