Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does this have a timer? I saw the buttons on the remote but couldn't see what they are for.
per the description on MONO's website ----

This manually controlled fog machine requires 100~120 VAC, 50/60 Hz input power and consumes 1200 watts of power. The top-loading liquid tank holds about 2.5 liters (0.66 gallons) of fog fluid. The package includes a metal mounting bracket, a wired remote control, and a wireless remote control.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does this have a timer? I saw the buttons on the remote but couldn't see what they are for.
Sorry for the delayed response. Yes it has 2 DMX connections on the back. So you would need a DMX timer or controller. Here is my chat with the tech support team at Monoprice about that issue.

TS - Gabby V: How may I assist you today regarding the fog machine?

Bobby: I had a question about the two connections on the back. Are those DMX connections that would be compatible with the DMX controller ID 612120

TS - Gabby V: That is correct. Those are DMX connections and it would be compatible with PID 612120.

Bobby: Ok that's great. So is that a standard DMX connector that would work with any DMX cable?

TS - Gabby V: I can double check. One moment please.

Bobby: Ok thanks for your help

TS - Gabby V: It's no problem at all.

TS - Gabby V: Yes, that uses a standard DMX connector that would work with any DMX cable.

Bobby: Ok great

·
black light queen
2,506 Posts
So who is going to buy and try one first? :D
i bought one ... maybe a month or more ago ...

i took off the cover to have a peek under the hood ... was surprised by the quality ... the pump has a sticker with a part number, i think it is ... and another feature that i've never seen b4 ... it has a thermostat ... well at least it has a pot that you can rotate that adjusts the temperature of the heater ... turn it down too far and the fog that comes not isn't very good, but turn it up, the heater core gets hotter and the fog gets better ... i should have paid more attention to where it was when i found it, but it doesn't appear to be super critical ... naturally, the higher the set point, the longer it takes to reach the temperature that you've set ... the wireless remote is very close to a higher $ fogger that i have ... luv, luv, luv the wireless remotes ...

this is a huge bang for the buck product, in my opinion ... highly recommended! obviously, i only tested when i got mine to see if it worked and have no idea if it will crap out on me, but this also goes for my higher $ vei fogger

if you're in the market for a fogger, or even several, i recommend this one!

good luck with your purchases everyone

amk

·
Registered
45 Posts
i bought one ... maybe a month or more ago ...

i took off the cover to have a peek under the hood ... was surprised by the quality ... the pump has a sticker with a part number, i think it is ... and another feature that i've never seen b4 ... it has a thermostat ... well at least it has a pot that you can rotate that adjusts the temperature of the heater ... turn it down too far and the fog that comes not isn't very good, but turn it up, the heater core gets hotter and the fog gets better ... i should have paid more attention to where it was when i found it, but it doesn't appear to be super critical ... naturally, the higher the set point, the longer it takes to reach the temperature that you've set ... the wireless remote is very close to a higher $ fogger that i have ... luv, luv, luv the wireless remotes ...

this is a huge bang for the buck product, in my opinion ... highly recommended! obviously, i only tested when i got mine to see if it worked and have no idea if it will crap out on me, but this also goes for my higher $ vei fogger

if you're in the market for a fogger, or even several, i recommend this one!

good luck with your purchases everyone

amk
Thanks for the info... Any idea how the output compares to something like a Chauvet 1100 or 1300? The only thing they miss on their website is the output in CFM. I contacted them and they said they don't have that rated yet.

·
Registered
438 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
i'd say that this is comparable to my vei V-935 DJ Fogger Deluxe

amk
Thanks for responding. Would there be any possibility of a video? :eek:

Only reason I'm trying to figure it out is that I figure I could get two of these for the price of one Chauvet H1301. The H1301 CLAIMS to have 20,000 cubic feet per minute output... So IDK if two of these would be as much, more than, or less than that... The struggle is real!

If it's too much trouble to post a vid, I totally understand... But you can't get something if you don't try right?

Thanks again!
Scott

·
black light queen
2,506 Posts
Thanks for responding. Would there be any possibility of a video? :eek:

Only reason I'm trying to figure it out is that I figure I could get two of these for the price of one Chauvet H1301. The H1301 CLAIMS to have 20,000 cubic feet per minute output... So IDK if two of these would be as much, more than, or less than that... The struggle is real!

If it's too much trouble to post a vid, I totally understand... But you can't get something if you don't try right?

Thanks again!
Scott
possibly 2-nite ... no guarantees, though, lol!

amk

·
Registered
230 Posts
I find specs from chinese manufacturers to be all lies. I never trust the specs on anything they make. There were previous threads on chauvets and the lies that haunters caught them in. Most of the time they are exaggerated. Here is the units I use with 1700Watt and ADJ claims 15,000 cft/min. But I can tell you that I literally fog my entire street with one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tSQHHQvxyk

Nothing is for free, you need watts to make fog period! Second is a powerful pump.

·
Registered
271 Posts
If this fogger doesn't have a timer but dmx inputs, how can I connect it to my LOR to act as a timer? I haven't explored the dmx world yet but I know LOR can do some dmx. Just don't know how to do it. Also, is there away to use LOR to trigger props like a PIR? I would like to set a scene off at a predetermined time using fog, strobes and trigger Frankenstein.

·
Registered
230 Posts
If this fogger doesn't have a timer but dmx inputs, how can I connect it to my LOR to act as a timer? I haven't explored the dmx world yet but I know LOR can do some dmx. Just don't know how to do it. Also, is there away to use LOR to trigger props like a PIR? I would like to set a scene off at a predetermined time using fog, strobes and trigger Frankenstein.
These are all problems I faced in making my decisions as what to do to automate my haunt. LOR was quickly ruled out due to it "proprietary" nature. I use that loosely. They have DMX stuff but at a significant cost add on.

I started with other vertical areas like vsa and dmxexorcist etc but found it was very limited. I then used monkeybasic, which is an excellent program! including the other ones from the developer in creating simple programming. But all this was lacking the "global" all encompassing software that was looking for to incorporate industry standards like Midi and DMX and animation audio and video into one seamless multi prop multi function system that included varying inputs and outputs.

In the end I ponied up to pay for venuemagic and never looked back. Its the photoshop of show programming. It looks simple until you learn its power in creating complex shows and haunts. DMX lighting, strobes, fog machines and all that. DMX relay outputs, Track to track recording using industry midi boards as input, dmx recording etc. Internal triggering of routines and subroutines and live layering of such. The list goes on and on. I even incoporated the video for my fright nights bust into the system this past year. I am pretty sure that it could even control you LOR lights. So all my skulls use skulltronix's Board of chuckee DMX board in them and my props use the dmx to relay boards I built . In the end the common denominator is DMX.

So back on topic. DMX is the most important, but you could rig a relay to the manual fog switch and control it from a LOR output relay if you have that board.

·
black light queen
2,506 Posts
Thank you! That would be amazing :)

Scott
obviously, i wasn't able to do a video of one or my vei machines compared to this one ... sorry about that ... this is something that i will get around to doing and i'll post my results ... just don't have any idea when, and i'm out of town ... :-(

amk

1 - 20 of 63 Posts