Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last 24 hours or so I've gotten random 502 bad gateway errors. Not every time, but enough to mention here at this point.

Also since the move to the cloud servers, I've noticed the forum itself slow to connect, timing out and sometimes getting a "server too busy" response with increasing frequency. This is concerning at this point since the site is not at peak season yet...

·
Registered
362 Posts
I haven't received the 502 bad gateway error but I did receive a server too busy error yesterday afternoon. I wonder if they scaled back the specs of the server when they migrated to the cloud server.

·
Administrator
620 Posts
Thanks for letting us know about the errors. Our techs are still ironing out some of the kinks that have resulted from our recent migration to Google Cloud and implementation of https. Just to clarify, are there any actions in particular that seem to bring on the errors or there aren't any firm correlations? Also, what device/browser are you using to access the site? Any additional details may be helpful for our techs since I have not been able to replicate the issue myself.

Many thanks,

Erik

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got multiple "site is too busy" errors in the last hour trying to view the main page to log in. Attempted at least 4 times, gave up and just now came back to see and now in.

Has happened on a mac using latest version of Firefox, iphone using Safari, and some sort of Windows (no idea what version or browser was at this time) a few days ago at the library when I thought to check there.

·
Administrator
620 Posts
Hey folks. I've just heard word from our techs that a fix has just been deployed that should resolve the 500 errors that you've been experiencing. Can you confirm whether or not you've noticed a difference?

Cheers,

Erik

1 - 7 of 7 Posts