Halloween Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at REI trying on hiking boots yesterday at the Willowbrook location in NW Houston, TX and noticed they had a sign up about used mannequins for sale. They have both male & female versions, semi-articulated arms (can rotate to some degree at the shoulder), a smoothed face that possibly would be suitable for projecting onto (?), break apart at the shoulders & waist for ease in dressing and storing (very important to me), and come with an optional base if wanting to stand them on a hard surface (as opposed to rebar hammered into the ground as I do for my PVC-homemade yard props). They're essentially the same as what you can see in this unrelated link: https://www.mannequinmadness.com/products/used-female-mannequin-sage (scroll down to see the male version). The current asking price is $50, which I thought was a very good deal. They told us they preferred it be a cash transaction. Years ago I had looked into mannequins for a headless horseman prop, but had dropped that idea after looking at prices. Well, now that idea is a go! Apparently REI is doing a rolling changeover of their mannequins, and Texas (at least Houston) is updating their mannequins now. Also, especially if you go in person, ask to see their options on hands and arms (I got bent arms and one open hand & one gripping hand to hold a pumpkin and weapon). If you would need shipping, please contact the REI store (after trying to contact a local REI, in case yours is also going through a mannequin update now). But if you don't want the base plate (I'd suggest still asking for the short mounting rod, though), tell them as this would save you some shipping costs (heaviest part). So something to consider if you're wanting a mannequin for a prop, or a small business.

Happy haunting,
Demon Dog

1 - 1 of 1 Posts