Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buycostumes.com is having a huge online clearance sale. They have a great deal on groundbreaker hands that can be used for many props! I have a bunch already, but hope that forum members can benefit from this great deal.

Here's the link: http://www.buycostumes.com/p/35000/16-gruesome-ground-breakers

Here's a photo of the ones I have still hanging in their bags. These are nice quality for a great price!

wolfbeard-albums-wolfbeard-s-photos-picture163950-storage5-copy.jpg

Eric

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,492 Posts
So glad you posted this! Just ordered three sets. I love these hands and have used them on different props. That's a heck of a deal on these!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So glad you posted this! Just ordered three sets. I love these hands and have used them on different props. That's a heck of a deal on these!
Awesome, I'm glad you got some. It is rare to be able to get realistic left and right hands for such a low price. They have other deals too, but these jumped out at me and "grabbed" my attention. :rolleyes: I wanted to share the joy, even though I am not ordering any this time.

Eric

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
They look like the ones Spirit had, I bought two pairs on Nov. 1st for $5 each too, nice score, I also struggle to find good hands

·
Registered
438 Posts
FYI, those look exactly like some that I picked up at a Kerr Drug store here in NC for $6.50, so if you can't get one online, maybe next year at a Kerr Drug?

My version of these hands are very rigid with the painted plastic hand extending just past the wrist - after that, they were cardboard and then it was covered with a bloodied shirt sleeve. The back of the hands had pretty realistic zombie wounds on them. I think they look great and bought a right & left hand.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Haunting costume.jpg
Thanks for the info on the hands. I got two pair plus two of the costumes above ($10) for new props next year. I'd spend more than that on fabric alone.
Also got a witch ground breaker, life-size mummy skeleton, big light-up spider, groom skeleton (for my bride) and pumpkin danglers. Feeling stoked and looking
forward to doing makeovers on these props for next year.

Edit: Wow. That costume picture posted extra LARGE. sorry

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
I see this thread got moved from the Props area similar to the BuyCostumes general discussion thread I had started that got moved to this section as well. Still don't get it as people want to elaborate on items they buy and thought that was frown upon in this area.

I have these arms as well and use them for props too, as opposed to ground breaking arms. I was able to find a few pairs of different styles of left/right arm last year at Halloween City and bought a few pairs on clearance, but other than that, Dollar Tree and 99 Cent Only stores only carry one hand or arm not both. And at the low end these type of body parts are hard to find. Great sale price.

BTW that ghost costume pictured above was also carried by GR and should be super nice. I had considered picking it up but bought 3 other costumes instead. Probably regret later not getting it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I got two pairs of the hands from Spirit for prop building. They will always come in "handy". :eek:

And they're also only $5.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! I just ordered 2.
Do these have full forearms under the sleeves?
The vinyl hand only goes to the wrist, then it is cardboard. The wooden post inside helps with mounting, especially to a pvc armature.
These are easily painted too. I use acrylic tube paints thinned with 70% ISO alcohol.

Eric

1 - 15 of 15 Posts