Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they ever in the stores, or is it always an online order? ($34 - currently on back-order) I'd like to avoid the $8 S&H if possible.

·
Registered
268 Posts
it appears to be the same one they sell at walgreens and target, i think they were selling them for 49.99 last year at both. still would be cheaper to buy it from costco with the S&H charge.

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
Boo Who, you apparently don't read the Prop Section area where people have been posting about them for a while now. Here's the link: http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/135304-costco-halloween-skeletons-2014-a.html I picked two up a week ago Friday when my store started stocking.

For anyone looking for the Costco skellies each year, ALWAYS check that forum, lots of people corpse them after buying them so it's looked more as a prop than a "home decor" item by most here--thus posting in that section I guess. Check your store now or you will be crying boo hoo!

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
My boyfriend sent me an email of this skeleton today. I think it's pretty awesome looking, but I don't think I need it this year.
There's no guarantee that Costco will be selling the Pose-N-Stays next year or at these prices. This year is their 3rd year. In the past before that they would offer a halloween prop (animated giant bat or giant skulls) and switched out each year. Just something to think about.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
July 28th was the magic day they started hitting stores...I got mine that week. Costco and Walgreens skellies sorta look alike but Costco's are pose and stay and Walgreen's are much flimsier...at least in the past. Don't know what they'll have this year.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
July 28th was the magic day they started hitting stores...I got mine that week. Costco and Walgreens skellies sorta look alike but Costco's are pose and stay and Walgreen's are much flimsier...at least in the past. Don't know what they'll have this year.
Walgreen's changed to the pose-n-stay style last year after two years of their regular skeletons. They were flimsy but I like them because I think they looked more realistic.

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
Just thought I'd point out that the $40 Target price wouldn't be bad if you compare it to Costco's east coast/Canadian price at $37.99/$39.99 I think it was. Here on the west coast our cost is $34.99 at costco, and buying two of them I saved $10 compared to the Target price. Heck some people here bought 6 of them at costco so an even better savings with more quantity. What I remembered of Target last year though was that they didn't get many skeletons in and some people found them while others didn't.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts