Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the phone with my mum-in-law, She helps out at my sons primary school and they do a Halloween disco every year. I offered to give them some of my old cute crap Halloween wall decorations, to jazz the disco up a bit this year as it usually sucks.

I said I'm getting rid of my old junk, to make way for new stuff I'm making . She goes "well you have ages yet"...I said "ages ..it's only 46 days!" and she's like "that's loads of time".

I pointed out that I'll have paper mache, latex and do various other things like crazy. I think next year, I'll have to get my arse into gear and get things done earlier :eek:

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
It doesn't seem to matter how early you start. Come this time of year, every haunter seems to be in a blind panic and wondering if they're going to see all their plans come to fruition come the big H.
I started the plans to expand my haunt back in January. The idea this year was to keep the spending on props to an absolute minimum, but with the days rapidly disappearing, it looks like I may have to purchase far more props than I had originally planned to. (Every time I look in the back gardens of Samedi Manor, it seems as though somebody has added another 10 square feet...Another prop required there).
I very much doubt that the majority of non-haunters really appreciate all the work and planning that goes into putting on even a medium size Halloween haunt...46 days is barely enough to let the latex dry properly!

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
I, unfortunately, am power tool inept, so my bigger projects like tombstone building, pvc candles and such, have to wait on dear hubby to help me....and *sigh* he gets in no hurry as this doesn't mean anything to him! LOL

I bought my OWN Dremel Sunday, and used it a little last night...it may even be too much for me to handle!! I'm creative and crafty, but not real keen with things that might harm me! LOL

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
My aproach is to say, if it gets done that's great. If not, it'll still be a great idea next year!
Keeps me from going into panic mode over what still hasn't been completed. I always come up with way more ideas than I will be able to complete so I've learned to just relax a little and not worry about it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ditto Madame Leota! I have a LOT of things I'm seeing that I can either DO or DO BETTER for next year! That's what makes it fun!!!! In reality, Halloween never ends for us!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I'm really bummed about the time too. I could use a lot more pay checks also. lol I'm so broke and went from making a m.i. coffin to a bottomless pit due to the money. I've had to put things off that I wanted to do this year until next. I'm so depressed about this big event I wanted to do that I don't even want to do anything now. Ok, time to get back on the antidepressants. lol

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
*Ahh* By not making anything new this year I am remarkably relaxed :) Good luck getting all that work crammed into the last 46 days!! I'm sure you'll be able to pull it off.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I could use a lot more pay checks also. lol I'm so broke and went from making a m.i. coffin to a bottomless pit due to the money.
LOL Growler!!!! We are on the cheap this year too, but then again I love scrounging through thrift stores, dumpster diving, and doing drive-bys on neighbors trash cans when I see something of interest!!!!!!! Hang in there!!!!:)

·
Registered
574 Posts
45 days? For those of us who don't put everything out the last day, that really means you've got 2 or 3 weekends to finish up those projects and get it all out.

Craig

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm freaking out a little bit. I've been scrounging up donated materials from our local Home Depot to build this year's mazes/tunnel. I don't have enough of the correct sized panels yet, so I cannot start building. I may just bite the bullet and buy a bunch of new panels to save myself the worry.

This year is the most important Halloween in a long time because it's on a Saturday. That won't happen again until 2015.

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Growler and Serpensphile - the goodwill people know me by name now!! LOL

On my lunch every day I do something Halloween related, be it shopping at expensive places for IDEAS, or a thrift stores for actual supplies. My coworkers think I'm nuts, but love to see my finds - I even got my boss making her own PVC candles now!! LOL

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have some new items to put up but it's basically the same stuff as last year, so the only pressure will be to get the pumpkin designs carved in time. Putting the stuff up will be easy.

·
Registered
298 Posts
LOL BevAnn! I know exactly what you mean. I've even got neighbors asking me if I've found the motor I've been looking for, those free pallets, etc. They don't have to understand....they just need to help me FIND the stuff!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts