Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm about to start working on a fog chiller (large, outdoor trash can size) and trying to decide if I should be shopping for a fog machine to replace the one I have. My goal is to do a nice ground fog effect in our front yard this year.

I picked up up a 400w model from Spirit a few years ago which, when used with the Spirit fog fluid, doesn't really do much. However, I've never tried chilling it as we will be doing in 2016.

I'm just curious if anyone has been able to use such a small machine outside with a chiller, with any success. Or is that unrealistic, and should I just be trying to find a 700w+ unit?

I hope to have the chiller done in the next couple of weeks and can test it with the machine I have of course, but I'm curious if anyone uses a 400w unit outside. I also will be trying it with Froggy's Freezin' Fog fluid instead of the Spirit stuff. Thanks.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The 400w is going to have long warm up times and low output. It's going to leave you frustrated. For outside ground fog and good thick output, use 1000w+ fogger with a high quality fog juice designed for the effect like Froggy's Freezin Fog.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,636 Posts
I agree. The 400W units are nice for small areas or indoor applications. We use them for inside our haunt structure in small scenes. They would really be underpowered to work in the capacity you're looking for. Go bigger!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a 400w I use with a chiller and it really only covers about a 10x10 area, so what I do is keep it up front so as the TOT walk up to my yard they can see the fog. I put it behind the stone on the left and really the fog only covers the front of the stones and to the fence. I want a bigger one so I can get fog to the back part of my yard.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. Just picked up a 700w and have Freezin Fog Juice to go in it...we'll see. I think a 1300 is in my future though.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 400w I use with a chiller and it really only covers about a 10x10 area, so what I do is keep it up front so as the TOT walk up to my yard they can see the fog. I put it behind the stone on the left and really the fog only covers the front of the stones and to the fence. I want a bigger one so I can get fog to the back part of my yard.
What type/size chiller do you have?

·
Registered
638 Posts
I chain 4-6 400W foggers in individual trash can chillers and I run the froggy's freezin fog in all. Because of the sheer number of them I have pretty good fog coverage, and I only bought that many because I got them at clearance / garage sales for $10-$20 each. It works well because of the large scene I do, but if I had a choice I would get a 1000W fogger or two and use perf pipe to distribute throughout the scene.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts