Halloween Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, longtime lurker, 1st time poster... I really enjoy reading all the wonderful ideas on these boards...

i'm creating a yard haunt this Halloween and doing a skeleton pirate theme... I was looking to create a ship prop by using a 1 x 4 x 8 foam insulation board... was going to cut out the side of a ship and prop it up about a foot away from the house (enough room to put a mast pole and a couple of pvc skeletons behind it)... probably chop off a foot or two to create a small v at the bow to help prevent gusts of wind from getting between the board and house and pushing it over, but I'm not sure how to stabilize it... the long board would be parallel to the house with the short length being perpendicular to the house and the long board... the stern would be against the porch and a bush, so I'm not worried about gusts getting in that way..

I'm very low tech, so building a wood frame is not possible, and need some way to keep this thing upright... was thinking of gluing to pvc pipe or garden poles and sticking those in the ground, or maybe nails to wood planks?... any ideas on how to keep it up and from falling over?... never really worked with insulation board before, so I don't even know the best adhesive to use, I believe they are glued to beams in homes and not nailed, right?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts